::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary,
Are you still doing the practice sessions? I did not get to watch today's video yet, but I downloaded it on my iPad so I can watch it before my class or at home.
I really like them so far! I don't know why I have neglected scale studies on uke. I really enjoyed it on trumpet.

Yeah, I really like them. Much more motivated to practice and after a week I was noticeably better at a few of the drills. After they're over, I'll probably start at the beginning and do them over again.

Rich and I have been practicing scales a la Craig Chee. (His workshop was awesome! All the ones I attended were.) Jamming yesterday was sweet.

Yeah, I really like them. Much more motivated to practice and after a week I was noticeably better at a few of the drills. After they're over, I'll probably start at the beginning and do them over again.

That's my plan too. I might make some work sheets to practice some of the elements without the video.

:Rant warning:

I've been feeling crappy since returning to the Land of entrapment. Bleh. Stupid sinuses.

With my voice jacked, I've been inspired to work out an instrumental version of a favorite song of mine.

Also working on harp parts for a couple of songs. Playing with a rack is hard. Lots of wood shedding required.
I never realized women had it so rough. Good luck with that Kim!

I only wish. I live in the middle of town with a tiny front yard and one of the largest maples in town. 10 big bags of leaves yesterday and there probably is another ten on the tree. I want to live out in the country!!!

Leaf time is wonderful at my house. I am surrounded by big, beautiful, 60+ year old oaks. We live at the end of a dead end so we rake all of our leaves into piles then we load them onto large tarps and drag them to the end of the street and toss them into a small ravine. Over the years we have made some great compost. It also keeps the kudzu back.

Gary great story you got there!!

Mim definitely August would be better here too, as I am assuming for Gary too!

I still need to get on my next days video especially now since I am using my concert, unlike camping with a soprano.

Susie you need to get to NJ Dec 13 Novarits party is then!!

Sounds like a good idea. I've noticed improvement too, which is exciting since it has only been a week.

August Mimstock! Yay!

In the other room I can hear my husband and his daughter arguing about me and my daughter. Awkward.

Rich and I have been practicing scales a la Craig Chee. (His workshop was awesome! All the ones I attended were.) Jamming yesterday was sweet.
I'm glad you had fun jamming!
I have a terrible memory. I only remember a few things from Craig's workshop. Since last week I have been watching Craig's bridging the gap videos on my morning break and then the practice sessions during my 2 hour break. I got distracted today but I was able to do before class started.

I think someone asked if the 5 acres connected to Mim's Ukes... yes... it is behind it and connects our property to the house. I will screen shoot the plat map so yall can see tomorrow. The footprint of our house land is somewhat ridiculous. Adding the 5 acres makes it make so much more sense. It used to be part of our house, and then it got cut off, but they did it in a really weird way.

Questions for TBUG folks:

Did you get the follow up email from Steve about the upcoming FUN uke fest?

Did you get the info to access the follow up vid from Craig Chee?

I haven't seen either.

I think someone asked if the 5 acres connected to Mim's Ukes... yes... it is behind it and connects our property to the house. I will screen shoot the plat map so yall can see tomorrow. The footprint of our house land is somewhat ridiculous. Adding the 5 acres makes it make so much more sense. It used to be part of our house, and then it got cut off, but they did it in a really weird way.

I was asking about it. Wondering if you could go from place to place and stay on your property. I hope I can come and visit some day.

Leaf time is wonderful at my house. I am surrounded by big, beautiful, 60+ year old oaks. We live at the end of a dead end so we rake all of our leaves into piles then we load them onto large tarps and drag them to the end of the street and toss them into a small ravine. Over the years we have made some great compost. It also keeps the kudzu back.

That's what I do out at my parents' house in the woods. It really is the best way to deal with all those damn leaves.

When I get back home after a trip I always seem to have a dream where my bed is not mine. I wake up confused and thinking I am not even home in the dark. After TBUG I was thinking I was still at the hotel.

Just don't open the window over 4 inches!

Questions for TBUG folks:

Did you get the follow up email from Steve about the upcoming FUN uke fest?

Did you get the info to access the follow up vid from Craig Chee?

I haven't seen either.

I think you were supposed to email Chee at the address in your book. Do. It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom