Page 2775 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1775227526752725276527732774277527762777278528252875 ... LastLast
Results 27,741 to 27,750 of 30035

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Morning, folks! Happy 50th anniversary to all the Doctor Who fans!
    Enthusiastic amateur

Morning all
    Ko'Aloha Concert-KSM-03
    Kamaka Pineapple White Label
    Gold Tone Banjolele Concert
    Hilo Soprano

Good morning! I'm so happy it's the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    Hunger Games: Catching Fire....

SOOOOOOO Good!
    GO SEE IT!
    Seriously, even better than the first!

And I was SO proud of Nolan. We went to what we figured would be the least populated theater at the least popular time. About 15 peeps. Not bad.
    He only yelled out twice. And at that is was slight. I could hear him sniffing and doing this quiet grunt he is trying to do when he is subdueing it. But seriously, that kid is a champ.
    And we had a follow up with his primary doctor. She is going to see if the insurance will cover and MRI. Because he has gone down hill so quick and honestly, it will probably show nothing, but you hate to think you did not have one... just in case. She gave him a new medicine to try with his Zoloft as well and a new medicine to ask about. I am gathering as many resources as possible for him.

Anyway, a good day! Productive in all things family and the couple orders I got in today could wait until tomorrow since it is Saturday and whether it was sent today or tomorrow it gets to its destination Monday anyway!
    So glad you and Nolan had a good time. And you ship those orders out fast. Dang, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Went to see High School production of South Pacific. This is a military town and the show reflected some of that. The kids did a great job with it. The Nellie Forbush actor, our veterinarian's daughter, stole the show. Just knocked it out. They had a display of WWII pacific war headlines as we entered the theater.

November is a harsh month. We've had Veterans' Day, we're still deep in Afghanistan, domestic politicians can barely sugarcoat their hatred for one another, and I'm in Kansas so I never know who's packing.

I read a great book about the admirals conducting the Pacific war. Spending time in Hawaii made it more real somehow. Good thing Thanksgiving is coming to force me to accentuate the positive.

On that note...
    Good night PoHos near and far.
    I enjoy your musings TSM. I too am glad Thanksgiving is coming, and a new year.

I love South Pacific. Sounds like you enjoyed the show. It was my mom's favorite musical and I grew up singing the songs and watching the movie when it was on TV. We went to see it with Robert Goulet in the lead role when I was a teenager. Good memories. Thank you for making me think of that.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

They say we are going to get to 30 degrees today. It's about 27 now. 12 degrees for a low tonight. We have a pretty November sky this morning.
    YouTube | Facebook

Thanks Scott, Tammy and Barb for saying something last night, so I would have something to read through this morning.
    YouTube | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by consitter View Post
    True. Now that I think about it, most of the people I've known that work in kitchens are single, or are seeing others that work at the resaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    Honestly, it's not worth it to go to school.
    Kitchens don't care what school you went to, they just wanna see you move fast and not screw up. Realistically, when you first work in a restaurant, don't expect to do much to food except peel things, wash things, carry things, sweep things and did I mention wash things?
    My cousin is a chef, a really good one, but it's a tough life. He went to culinary school, staged with some well known chefs and then worked up to being head chef at a very nice restaurant. He recently gave up that gig to move out to Portland with his girlfriend. He was pretty burned out and sick of not being able to have a life so he said he wasn't going to be a chef anymore. Turns out he's already back in a kitchen and is going to launch a pop-up dessert bar place in January. He loves cooking and I hope this works out for him.

It is 6F here right now. This is not ok with me!

Thread Information