::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire....

SOOOOOOO Good!
GO SEE IT!
Seriously, even better than the first!

And I was SO proud of Nolan. We went to what we figured would be the least populated theater at the least popular time. About 15 peeps. Not bad.
He only yelled out twice. And at that is was slight. I could hear him sniffing and doing this quiet grunt he is trying to do when he is subdueing it. But seriously, that kid is a champ.
And we had a follow up with his primary doctor. She is going to see if the insurance will cover and MRI. Because he has gone down hill so quick and honestly, it will probably show nothing, but you hate to think you did not have one... just in case. She gave him a new medicine to try with his Zoloft as well and a new medicine to ask about. I am gathering as many resources as possible for him.

Anyway, a good day! Productive in all things family and the couple orders I got in today could wait until tomorrow since it is Saturday and whether it was sent today or tomorrow it gets to its destination Monday anyway!

So glad you and Nolan had a good time. And you ship those orders out fast. Dang, girl!

Went to see High School production of South Pacific. This is a military town and the show reflected some of that. The kids did a great job with it. The Nellie Forbush actor, our veterinarian's daughter, stole the show. Just knocked it out. They had a display of WWII pacific war headlines as we entered the theater.

November is a harsh month. We've had Veterans' Day, we're still deep in Afghanistan, domestic politicians can barely sugarcoat their hatred for one another, and I'm in Kansas so I never know who's packing.

I read a great book about the admirals conducting the Pacific war. Spending time in Hawaii made it more real somehow. Good thing Thanksgiving is coming to force me to accentuate the positive.

On that note...
Good night PoHos near and far.
I enjoy your musings TSM. I too am glad Thanksgiving is coming, and a new year.

I love South Pacific. Sounds like you enjoyed the show. It was my mom's favorite musical and I grew up singing the songs and watching the movie when it was on TV. We went to see it with Robert Goulet in the lead role when I was a teenager. Good memories. Thank you for making me think of that.

They say we are going to get to 30 degrees today. It's about 27 now. 12 degrees for a low tonight. We have a pretty November sky this morning.

Thanks Scott, Tammy and Barb for saying something last night, so I would have something to read through this morning.

True. Now that I think about it, most of the people I've known that work in kitchens are single, or are seeing others that work at the resaurant.

Honestly, it's not worth it to go to school.
Kitchens don't care what school you went to, they just wanna see you move fast and not screw up. Realistically, when you first work in a restaurant, don't expect to do much to food except peel things, wash things, carry things, sweep things and did I mention wash things?

My cousin is a chef, a really good one, but it's a tough life. He went to culinary school, staged with some well known chefs and then worked up to being head chef at a very nice restaurant. He recently gave up that gig to move out to Portland with his girlfriend. He was pretty burned out and sick of not being able to have a life so he said he wasn't going to be a chef anymore. Turns out he's already back in a kitchen and is going to launch a pop-up dessert bar place in January. He loves cooking and I hope this works out for him.

So glad you and Nolan had a good time. And you ship those orders out fast. Dang, girl!

I am awful about returning voice mails (phone anxiety... sucks to be a uke dealer with that... don't ask... it is weird)
If I have a lot of orders I can get behind on e-mails.

But where I have it right is, I ship uke orders out the same or next day. If you are east coast, or a soprano on the west coast. That sucker gets there in 2 days and peeps are shocked!
Hehe! I love when people say "I got it so fast I cant believe it."

Good Day Sunshines!

Levi went hunting with my nephew today. Apparently my dad's cows chased him into a swamp. They got settled, my nephew settled in, ended up putting his head down after about an hour. A deer finally shows he gets anxious and shoots before it was really in range. Haha! Poor Levi.

My mom invited all the kids over. They are just going to hang. I am going to finish my orders. Then go over there and go through my dad's old barn to find anything uke display worthy. He said he has some old house interior doors I can have. Hmmmm... Not sure what I can do with them, but I will see if I can think of something because that might be super cool.

I like rummaging through stuff. So it will be fun to see what I can come up with.

I am awful about returning voice mails (phone anxiety... sucks to be a uke dealer with that... don't ask... it is weird)
If I have a lot of orders I can get behind on e-mails.

But where I have it right is, I ship uke orders out the same or next day. If you are east coast, or a soprano on the west coast. That sucker gets there in 2 days and peeps are shocked!
Hehe! I love when people say "I got it so fast I cant believe it."

I'm the same way with the phone. It makes me anxious like nothing else. That's awesome that you ship so fast. Almost instant gratification!

Oh, the guy who cussed me out last week just wrote me a super nice letter and apologized, explained his reaction, how he knew he went overboard, and that he still wants the uke.

Good. I am the type of person who hates to think anyone might be mad at me. Friend or not. I like to make peeps happy.

I was looking at Evil Ways - Santana.
It's basicly Gm7, C7 over and over. Just get the rhythm right. then D7 NC (for a few beats) and back to the original Gm7, C7. They said if Gm7 is difficult for you play Gm and C7 instead.

Good Day Sunshines!

Levi went hunting with my nephew today. Apparently my dad's cows chased him into a swamp. They got settled, my nephew settled in, ended up putting his head down after about an hour. A deer finally shows he gets anxious and shoots before it was really in range. Haha! Poor Levi.

My mom invited all the kids over. They are just going to hang. I am going to finish my orders. Then go over there and go through my dad's old barn to find anything uke display worthy. He said he has some old house interior doors I can have. Hmmmm... Not sure what I can do with them, but I will see if I can think of something because that might be super cool.

I like rummaging through stuff. So it will be fun to see what I can come up with.

You could probably make a uke display out of old interior doors.

Here is a pic from pinterest.

Or maybe a chalkboard sign to welcome your customers - point out specials.

Have fun rummaging through your dad's things. It's fun hearing about your shop coming together. Looking forward to more pics too!

Oh, the guy who cussed me out last week just wrote me a super nice letter and apologized, explained his reaction, how he knew he went overboard, and that he still wants the uke.

Good. I am the type of person who hates to think anyone might be mad at me. Friend or not. I like to make peeps happy.

I'm glad he apologized.

You could probably make a uke display out of old interior doors.

Here is a pic from pinterest.

Or maybe a chalkboard sign to welcome your customers - point out specials.

Have fun rummaging through your dad's things. It's fun hearing about your shop coming together. Looking forward to more pics too!

Love that chalkboard!

Did the other dude ever tell you what he thought was sexy about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom