I need help. Kala or Ortega ukelele?

Looks like Ortega is a brand used by Thomann of Germany. The lizard appears to be an Ortega branded "AnuNue" and some of the other models appear to be Ortega branded "Kalas." I see several brands In the UK and Thailand with brand names I'm not familiar with that appear to be made by the makers of Lanikai. Seems to be common practice. May depend on where you live, whether either of them will be properly "set up" and what the return policy is. I know Kala has good customer support as I have taken advantage of it and was impressed. Good luck.

Hi thanks for the response. I live in Greece so i don't think there is a customer support for me, neither i can find a shop to play them and choose.
cheers.

Hi thanks for the response. I live in Greece so i don't think there is a customer support for me, neither i can find a shop to play them and choose.
cheers.

You'd get the same support as anyone else. May have to get involved with shipping however. Many reputable dealers who will set up your uke properly, even less expensive ones, will ship internationally. Places in the U.S. like Uke Republic, Hawaii Music Supply to name a few, in the U.K there's Southern Ukuleles, and a few more that may get mentioned here.

Check out mercatinodellukulele.it in Italy. Friendly people who know their ukuleles. Thomann sells cardboard boxes.

You'd get the same support as anyone else. May have to get involved with shipping however. Many reputable dealers who will set up your uke properly, even less expensive ones, will ship internationally. Places in the U.S. like Uke Republic, Hawaii Music Supply to name a few, in the U.K there's Southern Ukuleles, and a few more that may get mentioned here.

U.K. is quite close to Greece. Great site the of th Southern Ukuleles! i'll reconsider the options i have.thanks...

I think I'd get a Kala. I don;t know why, it's just a feel thing.

Fellow Greek

cheers.

Hey, I am from Greece too, can you tell where did you buy it and if it was any good?

I always recommend starting out with a Kala or an Ohana, good uke brands, (& if you haven't played a stringed instrument before seriously consider starting with a concert scale first).

Hey, I am from Greece too, can you tell where did you buy it and if it was any good?

You're replying to a thread that's almost 5 years old. You might want to check his profile to see if he's still active and send him a private message.

Top Bottom