Thread: Therapeutic music!

Default Therapeutic music!

Wow, gang! Researchers have shown that playing a musical instrument can delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease by 5 years! How cool is that?
    Uke on!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Darn Nickie, wish I knew that before. I'd have started playing sooner, and then maybe I'd be able to play without song sheets

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyf View Post
    Darn Nickie, wish I knew that before. I'd have started playing sooner, and then maybe I'd be able to play without song sheets
    haha...yes!
    “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
    ― Martin Luther

haha...yes!

Hippie Dribble Guest

Nickie, have you read anything by Oliver Sachs? I think you and I do the same thing re music therapy. Really think you'd adore his book 'Musicophilia' if you haven't read it already. Just some amazing anecdotes backed up with solid research. Wonderful book and just confirms what many of us knew from instinct and experience.

Yes I believe music keeps your brains active and therefore delays the onset of dementia and alzheimers....
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

So I'll be a 75 year-old with Alzheimer's instead of a 70-year-old? I can hardly contain my joy.
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

Hippie Dribble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ichadwick View Post
    So I'll be a 75 year-old with Alzheimer's instead of a 70-year-old? I can hardly contain my joy.
    Nice mate.

Thread Information