Need some beginner jig ideas.

Ukeplayer2013

Reaction score
As some of you know that I built an acoustic travel ukulele recently. I am working on #2. What my question is, anyone out there I UU world have tips on beginner jigs? Nothing fancy. Just something simple and easy. To start off. I was going to start by soprano and later concerts.
Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks.

As some of you know that I built an acoustic travel ukulele recently. I am working on #2. What my question is, anyone out there I UU world have tips on beginner jigs? Nothing fancy. Just something simple and easy. To start off. I was going to start by soprano and later concerts.
Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks.

The first step would be to think of processes or steps that you would like to make easier, more accurate, and/or repeatable, and then search or ask for more specific jig ideas. You can search YouTube for some good ideas (don't forget to seek out Ken Timms videos - that man is a jig genius) if you want to shop around for ideas in a more general way. It's tough to suggest "a" jig without knowing what specifically you want to accomplish.

More or less to build from soprano to a concert size body. I'm only starting out, so I want to make a couple of easy jigs. Then work on making better ones. If I get a little kick in making some, then I'll build them like a few nice ones I seen online. I will check those videos out. Thank you!

The obvious ones you need to even begin is a body mold. And a bending jig if you're going that route.
Almost every step in building can be improved with the aid of a jig. And there are a lot of steps!

Last edited:
Watch Pete Howlett's Youtube videos. He describes lots of jigs there.

Hey Scott

If I was a guy starting to build in campbellton I would try to track down what happened to the equip/materials that was part of fern (ferne?] Guitars when the guy retired. He built from his shop near the train tracks all most across from the pic quick store.

Eor

Top Bottom