Building a Kinnard Tenor Ukulele

Do you like the all-mahogany? I'm starting to plan for my next Kinnard (if I can ever get back on their build schedule). Maybe a Concert this time.

Dennis, I do like my all mahogany sunburst Kinnard tenor. It is velvet smooth and warm in tone, and gorgeous - exactly what I wanted. So, yes I would recommend an all mahogany. Lucky me, I was also able to acquire a koa body Kinnard tenor, with the RTU style bracing. It has that same wonderfully tone, with some brighter treble, but it is still opening up slowly. Both sound great ,but I favor the mahogany.

Best wishes on your new uke, Dennis. It's a very special instrument. The headstock is amazingly gorgeous and Kevin's sound clip is so nice.

Thanks Craig. I have a way to go before my skill level gets to the point that I can do this magnificent instrument justice but I'm working hard on it. You know just how special John's ukes are. I'm thinking one of his concert size may be in my future.

Stunning in looks and sound. Truly a work of art.

Thanks janthony1. I agree ... John's ukes are definitely works of art.

Dennis, I do like my all mahogany sunburst Kinnard tenor. It is velvet smooth and warm in tone, and gorgeous - exactly what I wanted. So, yes I would recommend an all mahogany. Lucky me, I was also able to acquire a koa body Kinnard tenor, with the RTU style bracing. It has that same wonderfully tone, with some brighter treble, but it is still opening up slowly. Both sound great ,but I favor the mahogany.

I appreciate your response Hodge. I am seriously contemplating a concert size Kinnard. I like mahogany guitars but never owned an all-hog. I'm caught between a spruce/rosewood like the RTU or an all-hog. Decisions decisions.

Top Bottom