Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Kamaka HF 3

Default FS: Kamaka HF 3

For sale my Kamaka HF3 sn# 121576 purchased new from Hawaii Music Supply 8/3/12 for $1395

It has a Misi Trio pickup installed by HMS and I have added a strap button. I consider it to be in like new condition . Not a mark on it. It has Aquilla Low G string set.

Reason for selling: Retirement is rushing up on me in the next couple of years and I will have to move into a smaller place. I have too many banjos, guitars, ukuleles, mandolins, hammered dulcimers.
    I know saying you have too many ukuleles is like saying a cake has too much frosting. No such thing. But space will dictate that I keep only one of each.

The Kamaka is an excellent instrument with the traditional Kamaka sound. I have realized that I am looking for a different sound. I had posted earlier about trading it but never really saw anything that I had to have.

My price is $900 plus shipping and insurance. Paypal please. The only shipping options available in my town is UPS or USPS.

I live in Mississippi, United States

I think I have attached some pictures, but not sure. I have make a video sound file , it is too large to attach. I will put it in my dropbox if I can figure out how. Forgive the finger picks. My fingers were crushed as a teen and my finger nails are thin shells.
    Tenors: Lanikai NKT, Honu KXXXe-inf, Wixom #142, Pono RTSH PCC cedar/rosewood
    Baritones: Kala ASAC-B, Pono MB

Here is a link to a youtube video of me playing this Kamaka. I hope it works. First time I have done this. Forgive the mistakes, this is the first song I have learned.
    http://youtu.be/ZDkgqiZjPHo

Quote Originally Posted by barrybush View Post
    Here is a link to a youtube video of me playing this Kamaka. I hope it works. First time I have done this. Forgive the mistakes, this is the first song I have learned.
    http://youtu.be/ZDkgqiZjPHo
    First song???.....I wish I could learn to play ANY song that well!! Lol!

Nice Kamaka....should sell quickly!!!
    PS....nice playing too!!!!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Yeah, even though its a very desireable uke, your playing should help it sell even quicker. Looks like a good deal for someone wanting a Kamaka tenor.

I already got mine. Someone should buy this one.

Still not sold??? I don't believe it!!!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Feel free to comment on my different way of finger picking. I am using a Bluechip thumbpick and Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks. They allow me to pick in both directions. As I mentioned. All my fingers were shattered in an accident as a teen so I have to compensate . I certainly think those using finger nails sound much better than picks, but I am thankful that I still have fingers to pick with.

Hi,
    I sent a PM.
    Brazilian uke player
    Tenor Kamaka HF-3
    Soprano Famous FS-1

Quote Originally Posted by barrybush View Post
    Feel free to comment on my different way of finger picking. I am using a Bluechip thumbpick and Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks. They allow me to pick in both directions. As I mentioned. All my fingers were shattered in an accident as a teen so I have to compensate . I certainly think those using finger nails sound much better than picks, but I am thankful that I still have fingers to pick with.
    Nice playing and beautiful HF-3.

Those Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks are about the only picks I know of that feel close to real nails.

Good luck on the sale.

Hi friend, another PM sent.
    Brazilian uke player
    Tenor Kamaka HF-3
    Soprano Famous FS-1

Thread Information