Another Australian

Graham McDonald

Reaction score
Hello,

After a long time building instruments (mainly mandolin family instruments), someone has finally asked me to make them a uke, so I figured I should be where the uke building expertise is! Its all similar, but a bit different and I hope I don't ask too many obvious questions.

cheers

graham

Hey Graham! I've still got a great Irish Bouzouki you made for me when you where above the Guitar Factory in Gladesville. In case people don't know - Graham is one of our premier builders of strummed things. It's good to see that you've come over to the "light" side. I'd love to try a Graham McDonald ukulele!! I'm sure it would sing (just remember-"4 strings, 4 strings....")

Hello and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work of art.

Aloha Graham,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....yes check out our luthier site..we have many top and qualified luthers offering advice and help ....have fun and enjoy...

Greetings and welcome. Maybe you can build a mandouke. Lots of ukers would like to have a mando with a uke sized fretboard because many of the uke chords are too difficult/crowded on a narrow mando one. I know I'm one of them. I think Boatpaddle has started to build them. Glad you joined us.

Thank you for the kind welcome. The first uke is a very simple early style soprano, and will post a pic or two once it is looking more like a uke!

cheers

Welcome Graham! Good luck in your first uke build. I'm with Phil on the manodouke. I will hear the mandolin played with ukes (think I've heard it with wellington uke orch or perhaps ooks of hazard) and it really sounds lovely. It would be nice to have a hybrid version for users.

Top Bottom