New Ono Tenor

You're very welcome, Ric. Enjoy!

I hate the fact that I had very little chance to play it, as it has been a very busy day... I just want to add that it has exceded my highest expectations. I just can't believe how good a uke I own!

I am so excited to finally join the club!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Lovely instrument! Congratulations to maker and the lucky owner.

David, I have had a chance to play this wonderful uke a little longer and the more I try it the more I fall in love with it.

Yesterday morning when I woke up I found that the A string popped overnight, so I replaced the strings with some extra Worth brown strings I had at home. The thing is, I much prefered the ones you put on, could you please tell me what brand they were.??

Hi, Ric! Glad it is working out. Sorry about that A string but they'll do that. They are Southcoast Mediums. I'm sure that Dirk can get a set or two to you pretty quickly.

Can you tell where the string broke? This is only the second report of premature string failure I've had from an owner, as far as I can recall, and it would be helpful to get a handle on what the issue might be.

Last edited:
That certainly can happen but probably isn't the issue here, as I use appropriately sized abrasive cord as the final step in doing the nut slots to make sure of smoothness and fit. More likely is that the string got nicked and/or abraded while being moved around during the setup process. This does happen from time to time and, when I see it, I replace the string. Even slight damage to a string can cause it to break so it's entirely possible to miss it.

I had a Southcoast string pop and they replaced it. Just something about the string and nothing to do with the uke.

I had a string pop before too, I only asked because I didn't know what strings to buy :)

It never came to my mind that there could be a problem with the uke!

Top Bottom