Thread: 1930's Johnny Marvin Professional Tenor Ukulele with original strings (I think)

Default 1930's Johnny Marvin Professional Tenor Ukulele with original strings (I think)

I have a Johnny Marvin Professional Tenor Ukulele that I found in our attic. When I opened the case I was shocked of how great the condition is! There's not a scratch on it. Underneath the ukulele were original Hawaiian strings with a pitch pipe. (The ukulele has been restrung since) I have no knowledge on ukuleles and was looking to learn more about it and how much it's worth. I can post pictures later see if anyone can help me out with this.

Welcome to UU. The Marketplace isn't the correct place for this post so the mods will probably move it to another category.

If it's the model I think it is it could be something between $500 - $900 if it's in excellent condition. You get a better estimation from others if you post pics.
    My daily players:
    • Kamaka HF-3 100th Anniversary Edition tenor
    • Kanile'a K-2 C deluxe concert
    • Covered Bridge redwood & walnut concert
    • Ono spruce & maple concert
    • Black Bear macadamia soprano
    • Martin Style 0 1963+ soprano
    • Kala ASAC-B baritone

Okay! I'll try posting it over there and see . Thanks !

Hello all....I was recently given a very old Johnny Marvin Uke and in very terrible condition. It looks as if it was submerged in water at one point. Alas I have started the restoration process and unfortunately the work Im having to do to her in restoring will probably reduce it's value. Neck reset, remove top and back, re glue all braces, strip and refinish body and even redo the perlite headstock and logo. When I'm finished it will be as new My question is Im not sure about the age of this Jewel. It's not the Sunburst model its the Mahogany with what looked like a Garnet Shellac...maybe French Polish. The front of the airplane bridge directly under the saddle has a carving that says Patent Pending. I haven't seen that on any of the others I've looked at. I will be posting photos as soon as I get her assembled again. Any info on the Ukulele would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thread Information