Ways to Support this Forum and Keep it around

I've updated the original posts with all the was possible to support this forum and keep it around.

Thanks so much to everyone for their support.

Just sent an IM to you re: double billing for VIP.

How does one go about cancelling a VIP subscription?!? I can't find anything .... moderator, please reply or better yet, PM me ... or best yet, please cancel my subscription. Thanks for all you do!

I used to be an active member and have recently activated my account. I love UU.

I've just sold a uke on marketplace, what is the suggested payment % to UU and how/where do I make it?

Blessings,

J.C. Bryant

Keeping this forum up and running is very expensive and takes a lot of time. If you find any value from these forums at all. Please consider supporting us to keep it up and running. Here are some easy ways to do so:

Buy a UU VIP subscription.
This will give you a bunch of additional features to the forum and your contribution will be easily recognizable.

Donate directly to the Forum

Donate Link
This page will bring you to a paypal donate button which you can use to donate directly to the forum. It's not tax deductible, but if you like the forum, consider it a way to keep it around.

If you're looking to learn how to play the Uke, our UU+ service is a great place to start. It'll give you access to hundreds of hours of video tutorials and we're adding to it all the time. We really feel its the best way to learn and get better quickly at the ukulele and we have free trials and money back guarantees available. This is how we can afford to keep the forum around.

Buy some UU Merch

UU Merch Store
Love the forum and want your clothing to match your love for the uke? Check out our merch store where we have Ukulele Underground T-shirts and more.

Buy from an Affiliate

Online stores listed on this page have graciously agreed to give a portion of their sales to help with the costs of the forum. By clicking on the links below to buy your next ukulele (or anything else they sell), a portion of your order will come right back to Ukulele Underground and help offset the cost of keeping the forum up. It doesn't cost you any extra, they are taking a cut out of their profits to power the forum.

Thank you so much to these companies for their support! Please support them when buying your next ukulele as they're helping to keep this place alive and going.

Ukulele Kingdom

(They are affiliate links so you'll need to click these exact links below before you buy to help UU)

Are you a vendor who wishes to help support the forum and be listed on this page? Contact Ryan - ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com and he will assist you with the requirements to getting your site listed.
Thank you!
VIP link not working.

Nothing Found​

It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.

This is an old thread. With the change to the new forum service, XenForo, it's going to take some time to get up to speed. Right now UU VIP is missing a variety of operations.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yes, UU VIP is missing items non UU VIP members have. So, this is my first post from my non UU VIP member I just created. I prefer to be able to edit my posts (for example) than have UU VIP status. I'll see if it's worth doing this.

Has anyone become a UU VIP since the xenForo upgrade?

Has anyone become a UU VIP since the xenForo upgrade?
Today I discovered that a new VIP member has all the features that are missing from existing VIP members, so I created a new account and paid the yearly VIP fee of $45 and yes, it has Edit, Delete and signature, but still shows ads. I'm continuing to use my existing account to see if it will get fixed. If not, I have the new account.

Interesting, so the new UU VIP account does work. It's the migration of the existing UU VIP accounts from the old site to the new xenForo site that is causing the problem. The fix for something like this can be very difficult.
Sometimes the mapping of the old database fields to the new database fields is less than perfect resulting in the loss of data and or functionality. The fix is either to start over with better mapping or to dive into the new database and manually try to fix the mapping issues.
For the first fix, unfortunately, the mapping tools provided with xenForo may not be granular enough to map the old and new databases correctly and thus here we are.
The second fix requires the services of an expert level database administrator familiar with the functionality desired and with the nuts and bolts of both databases assuming also that the level of database assess to do that is allowed by xenForo. Unfortunately, that specialized and high level of expertise and knowledge may not be available to UU administration or xenForo tech support.

I just wish someone would let us know what's happening, that they are working on it, or that we have to create a new account, something rather than leave us in the dark.

I just wish someone would let us know what's happening, that they are working on it, or that we have to create a new account, something rather than leave us in the dark.
Yes, the silence is disconcerting.

perhaps you can run a small resource mobilization campaign around here.
Relevant:

While we have no idea what the implications are of the change of ownership, I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in UU in any way over the years. It has been a very positive thing for me, and I thank you all.

Hopefully we can continue on here as we have, but this was a reminder that I should express my thanks anyway. :)

Dead right, Bill1 - and if I don't like what happens to Ukulele Underground in future, I'll stop using the forum.

I can quit anytime I like. I've done it before - lots of times. ;)

Dead right, Bill1 - and if I don't like what happens to Ukulele Underground in future, I'll stop using the forum.

I can quit anytime I like. I've done it before - lots of times. ;)
Patty here (a new member). I owe a lot to UU. Last summer, when I decided to take up the ukulele, I started lurking here, reading all I could about types, sizes, and brands of ukes, and a zillion other things. Taught me all I know. Thanks, all of you. I'm thrilled to be an official member, and thrilled to donate a little green to keep the forum in the black.

Keeping this forum up and running is very expensive and takes a lot of time. If you find any value from these forums at all. Please consider supporting us to keep it up and running. Here are some easy ways to do so:

Buy a UU VIP subscription.
This will give you a bunch of additional features to the forum and your contribution will be easily recognizable.

Donate directly to the Forum

Donate Link
This page will bring you to a paypal donate button which you can use to donate directly to the forum. It's not tax deductible, but if you like the forum, consider it a way to keep it around.

If you're looking to learn how to play the Uke, our UU+ service is a great place to start. It'll give you access to hundreds of hours of video tutorials and we're adding to it all the time. We really feel its the best way to learn and get better quickly at the ukulele and we have free trials and money back guarantees available. This is how we can afford to keep the forum around.

Buy some UU Merch

UU Merch Store
Love the forum and want your clothing to match your love for the uke? Check out our merch store where we have Ukulele Underground T-shirts and more.

Buy from an Affiliate

Online stores listed on this page have graciously agreed to give a portion of their sales to help with the costs of the forum. By clicking on the links below to buy your next ukulele (or anything else they sell), a portion of your order will come right back to Ukulele Underground and help offset the cost of keeping the forum up. It doesn't cost you any extra, they are taking a cut out of their profits to power the forum.

Thank you so much to these companies for their support! Please support them when buying your next ukulele as they're helping to keep this place alive and going.

Ukulele Kingdom

(They are affiliate links so you'll need to click these exact links below before you buy to help UU)

Are you a vendor who wishes to help support the forum and be listed on this page? Contact Ryan - ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com and he will assist you with the requirements to getting your site listed.
Thank you!
Just wanted to check, since these links are from 10 years ago. Are they still the correct links to support the forum?
Having just sold a ukulele here, I'd like to make a donation to the forum.

Top Bottom