Ukulele World Congress in S.Indiana

is anyone going to try and go out there for the whole week or is everyone just doing the weekend. I was thinking about most of the week if anyone else is in for it. I was thinking about camping, but I could pay for a room if there's an extra bed to be had. That cabin's beauitiful.

Seeing as I live there,I will be there all week. A few folks are coming in from Europe and they plan to stay a week as well.Maybe a trip up to Chicago after the Congress?

Friday to Sunday for me. Somebody has to work -- although I am taking 2 days off to do this. Yippee! :cheers:

I'm thinking of coming in on Friday, and flying out on Monday AM - Whats the closest airport?

Ok - so I just got giddy looking at all those photos! Mike, that place is GORGEOUS!

I LOVE camping, but I think I'm going to be able to be there for only one night - so a room may be the way to go (plus, my husband will probably want me to be locked away at night - HA!)

Could I 'rent' a room for only one night, even though the Congress goes through the whole weekend? How close is the cabin to the campsites? If I find another uker to split a room with, could we do that too? (Any takers...Sukie!?) :)

Thanks! :)

Seeing as I live there,I will be there all week. A few folks are coming in from Europe and they plan to stay a week as well.Maybe a trip up to Chicago after the Congress?

being that i'm an outdoor trip leader...i'd be happy to take people canoeing/caving/ whatever in southern illinois (about 2 hours away) before or after the congress! shoot me a line if you're interested (for free of course i can provide almost all the gear for anything)

Lisa, if rooms are available to share, count on it. It'll make my husband happier too.

I looked at an alternative cabin yesterday that can sleep more people,is closer to the camping and has alot of beautiful woods surrounding it. The camp ground/bonfire site is only about 2 miles away on a country road.The cabin has a few double rooms that the girls could share.
The closest airport is Indianapolis which is about an hour away.As it gets closer we will try to arrange some transport or ride sharing for folks.

A UU tent city sounds great. There are several people that have already said they want to camp.The main site is a couple of huge fileds surrounded by woods with a creek and a small lake nearby. A huge bonfire is guarenteed.

Mike - is there any agenda to the weekend? I know it's probably not made out yet, but will there be like a "camp itinerary" with various uke classes, etc?

(Oh no...flashbacks to band camp just came rushing in...) :)

Still not 100% sure that I can make it, but I'll know soon.

Just to let ya'll know, I'd be sleeping under the stars like Jeeper. Nothing against the cabin, I'm sure it rocks! But I love being outside. Besides, maybe Jeeper and I can spoon!

Last edited:
Under the moon in June

The site also has a pretty big stage which people can crash on. I'm gonna have some sort of big tent-ish shelter as well.

It would be nice to have some scheduled classes or performances, volenteers please? I expect alot of playing around the bonfire, at the lake, and everywhere else.

So far,I picture a schedule something like this;

FRIDAY: People show up in the afternoon,the cabin is open at 2pm.
7pm Needmore community pot-luck. The neighbors will be bringing food to share with all the players and attendees.
9pm-ish Bonfire and lots of fun late into the night.

SATURDAY: Morning time to explore Nashville and Brown County. Breakfast specials at a ma and pa place in Nashville.

http://www.browncounty.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=2

http://www.nashville-indiana.com/nashvilleindiana.html

We will meet up again in Needmore for a lazy afternoon in Needmore, swimming,canoeing,hiking and hanging out at a private lake and fireing up a grill or two.
Saturday evening and night will have more camp fire jamming and a few special performances in the main field.

SUNDAY: I think most people will be leaving on Sunday,but for those who are staying this will be a day to further explore the surrounding area or relax in the country.A few folks have talked about staying longer,I've already thought about some possible field trips.

UWC site

This site has a few pics of the event field and stage.

http://www.maxsplace.info/otterfest/#here

And here's directions to the site:

Directions to Kneadmore Community Field
>From Indianapolis, take 135 South to 45 in
Bean Blossom. Go West 7 miles (watch for the Festival
signs!) to Plum Creek Road, and turn left.

>From Bloomington, take 45 East for 12.5 miles (watch for the Festival
signs!) to Plum Creek Road, and turn right.

Top Bottom