Ukulele World Congress in S.Indiana

The UWC was way too much fun not to have it again. I felt like I was in the presence of celebrities. Everybody was so nice and it was great to put real faces with screen names. I never did master learning everyone's real name -- I'll save that for next year.
Thanks again Mike for the weekend. It was terrific.

p.s. LisaXY is the best roommate ever.

wow, looks as if you guys had a wonderful time!

I was on a festival for traditional musicians over here in Germany and I didn't really play as much bagpipes as I played on my Ukes... (I brought two pipes but three Ukes, which speaks for itself)

But guess what? I met other Uke players! Two, to be exactly... One of them seems to be playing for quite a few years already (I did never notice his instrument before, since I had no interest in Ukes a year ago...) he played on a Bushman Jenny. nice instrument, though it was a lefty and I had some sort of knot in my head as I tried to play on it... Went good for half an hour, but then I tried schizophrenic snowflakes on it and my head started to smoke^^

the other one was a young guy (maybe 16) with baby-dreadlocks who played drums for ten years and just started on the Uke 2 months ago. he taught himself and was not bad at all. but you should have seen him when he tried my Kala and Pono... he was like woooooaaaaarrr (*UAS hitting*), cause he has a Brüko...

it really was a fun time. nevertheless I hope to participate on a UkeWorldCongress in the states some day too...

Wow, this is a blast from the past! Thanks for finding it Bill.

Glad to do it..... I got my first ukulele and joined UU a couple of months before UWC3.... by the time it had happened, I'd figured out enough to regret missing it and made up my mind to make the next one. It's great to see the evolution of the original concept - this whole thing is one of the best ideas anybody has ever had.

Top Bottom