Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Mr.Kato Seiki CEO from Korg Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kissing View Post
    The VOX electric uke is the "Eleuku" by Korg in question?
    Korg owns VOX so I thought it was...

http://www.korgusa.com/
    •Bonanza Black Walnut Oreo #291
    •Framus 6197 Tenor
    •Gretsch G9470 Clarophone Banjo Ukulele
    •Hadean UKB22 UBass Zebrawood
    •Ibanez Uew10qm Ew Concert
    •Kala KA-S Soprano
    •Kala KA-SSTU-T Travel Tenor
    •Kay Soprano (Plastic Fretboard 1950s)
    •Koalana Soprano (first gen.)
    •Lanakai LB6-S Soprano Banjolele
    •Lanakai LQA-C Concert
    •Lanakai LU21T Tenor
    •Luna Tattoo Electric Concert
    •Outdoor Ukulele Black #35
    •Outdoor Ukulele Transparent
    •Werco Metal Necked Soprano
    •Zeynel Abidin Cumbus Ukulele

I registered my brand name "EleUke" on 2007 and most of ukulele players in Japan recognize it. Normally Japanese Patent office doesn't
    accept similar brand name with same kind of products.
    For example, I displayed my EleUkes in 2007 Yokohama music exhibition and made one catalog printed on the top Brand Named "EleUke"
    and wrote very small expression "Silent Ukulele" but, Yamaha's Lawyer sent me official letter not to write "Silent" because it's their brand name.
    I didn't use this word "Silent" but, just gave expression about my "EleUke" but, they forced me destroy that catalog so I did.

What makes me angry is "Korg Inc" never try to register this copied brand name if "Yamaha" has "EleUke".
    Which means they ignore small business man and feel no problem even they take away other's intellectual property.
    I was very surprised to find that "Korg" did such a thing for they are real big company and don't feel any shame of their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKwak View Post
    I registered my brand name "EleUke" on 2007 and most of ukulele players in Japan recognize it. Normally Japanese Patent office doesn't
    accept similar brand name with same kind of products.
    For example, I displayed my EleUkes in 2007 Yokohama music exhibition and made one catalog printed on the top Brand Named "EleUke"
    and wrote very small expression "Silent Ukulele" but, Yamaha's Lawyer sent me official letter not to write "Silent" because it's their brand name.
    I didn't use this word "Silent" but, just gave expression about my "EleUke" but, they forced me destroy that catalog so I did.

What makes me angry is "Korg Inc" never try to register this copied brand name if "Yamaha" has "EleUke".
    Which means they ignore small business man and feel no problem even they take away other's intellectual property.
    I was very surprised to find that "Korg" did such a thing for they are real big company and don't feel any shame of their attitude.
    Big companies count on small businesses not having the resources to defend themselves. Maybe you can find a lawyer who will sue them for a percentage of the settlement. Fight fire with fire.

In the meantime ask folks to avoid buying Korg products. No Korg for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post
    Big companies count on small businesses not having the resources to defend themselves. Maybe you can find a lawyer who will sue them for a percentage of the settlement. Fight fire with fire.

The vox uke looks really stupid. The concept of a built in speaker just reminds me of one of those sears toy electric guitars 10 year olds have no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Risa make the Uke'ellie ( https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/en/cate...q0&next_page=3) , which I think pre-dates the eleuke. My recollection is that soon after Risa started to get some market success with the original version of the Uke'ellie, which might have even been called the Ellie, if my memory is correct, there were several copycat names and products released by other companies. Some of them even looked very similar to the Risa product and appeared to be reverse engineered copies of the Risa. I think this could have been back in 2008, or before. So the use of the ele or ellie (spoken the same in English language) and uke or uku to describe and market electric ukuleles seems to have a history of copy cat type marketing. It is a shame that the most recent example as discussed here seems to involve two far Eastern companies.
    However, uku and ele and both very common words in the world of ukulele, the word ele uku or ele could almost be said to be a generic term for an electric ukulele in 2013 amongst ukulele players all over the world and perhaps manufacturers should look for more original names? Maybe there are some interesting sounding words in Japanese, Chinese or Taiwanese that would be both original and attractive to potential buyers of electric ukuleles?

I'm not sure when RISA started making their ukes but i can say for a fact Blue Star (konablaster) has been making electric solid body steel string ukes for a decade.
    not sure if that pre dates RISA or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post

Yeah they may think I can't protect myself because I am out of Japan for now.
    I have to use same brutal way so, I registered "eleuku.com and eleuku.net" already and I will forward this address
    to "eleuke.com" very soon.

Thread Information