We need a get together in Socal...

generem

Reaction score
C'mon Guys and Gals. We need a meet or a get together here in Socal... I wouldnt mind driving

Lets set something up..

Last edited:
IM down! just imme a when and where and ill come

I would like to setup monthly meets in OC, but need to find a place to host them. PM me with any ideas, and I'll see what I can find on my own. You guys down for a monthly thing?

I might be down for anywhere in Ventura County or the Valley. SB OC and SD are too far for me.

Im open to driving. I probably wont drive to San Diego or Santa Barbara on a weekly basis but I would occasionally for the LOVE of the Ukulele.

Set it up on a weekend and I'm there. If I didnt live in an apartment, I would totally HOST

Yo! SO CALLERS! man i have been wanting to jam for EVER! i have to jam with a guitar and drums across the street when i want to but i really want to jam with UKERS! This is also a call to all thoze in the IE! COME ON! LETS JAM!

id love to meet other players, im down to drive and do a monthly thing. though im not great at the ukulele since ive only been playin couple of months. id love to join you guys tho.

Count me in. I live in the Eastvale/Corona/Chino Hills area in the IE. I'm willing to drive if necessary - just call out the dates/times! :rock:

I would like to setup monthly meets in OC, but need to find a place to host them. PM me with any ideas, and I'll see what I can find on my own. You guys down for a monthly thing?

you set up something in the OC, i'llplan my visits to at least join in once in a while. i got fam in RSM and have been speaking with nurdabeen (sp?) with hooking up next time i fly down, ukulele in tow.

Alright then. I propose either Feb 6 or Feb 21. Lets agree on a date at least then figure out where.

I was thinking an L&L's would welcome us :music:Ukulele players:music:. If we can agree on a city to meet at, we can call ahead and ask for permission.

Anyone else have an Idea where to meet? I live off Nogales on the 60 Freeway. and there is a couple of Filipino restaurants that might welcome us too...

Never done this before but is there some type of format or do we just show up.

Alright then. I propose either Feb 6 or Feb 21. Lets agree on a date at least then figure out where.

I was thinking an L&L's would welcome us :music:Ukulele players:music:. If we can agree on a city to meet at, we can call ahead and ask for permission.

Anyone else have an Idea where to meet? I live off Nogales on the 60 Freeway. and there is a couple of Filipino restaurants that might welcome us too...

i dont know about a restaurant...:confused:

i dont know about a restaurant...:confused:

Only suggested a public place cuz I wasnt sure how someone would feel about having perfect strangers in their home.. But then again, we play the ukulele so how dangerous could we be:nana:

If someone will host, I'll bring food and/or drinks...:rock:

Depends on whether you want to do an open mic sort of thing or more of a kanikapila. If the latter then I'd suggest agreeing on a playlist beforehand so everyone can print out chord sheets to make sure they're at least familiar with the changes and (pardon the pun) on the same page.

Craig

i would do it at my casa but not shure about the parental units and such. why not an outdoor jam or something? Nice Park maybee?

Hello, I'm new here. New to the ukedome as well. There's a shop called Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park that I know well. I've talked with the owner about getting a regular uke gathering together in their concert area (there's a stage and room for about 50 people). He's up for it.

All I have to do is let him know the date, time, and how many people. If we get enough folks showing up on a regular basis, we can call ourselves a club and likely draw in some visitors from time to time. As time goes on, we'll have to discuss renting the room and other (semi-official) matters, but we can skate by a few times.

Harold O.

to far for me bro but that sounds nice for thoze out there and welcome to the FORUMS!

Well I live in San Diego, and a few of my boys jam da uke. But gathering at a music shop wouldn't be a bad idea. Some of dem actualy have a sound booth that you can go into and test guitars. Ders a store here in San Diego called Freedom Guitars and we went in der and started jammen for a good half an hour or so. But it was only 3 of us. I'm pretty sure if you find a good music shop dat sells a decent amount of ukes and sweet talk dem in letting a group use da booth for like an hour or 2, dey wouldn't mind. Jus tell dem you'll actualy be bringing bussiness dat might lead to some purchases. But if anyone is down to meet up in San Diego let me know!

People from outside Southern California don't always appreciate the size of this place. Without traffic it can still take a couple of hours to drive clear of the urban world.

I grew up in San Diego and always thought THAT was SoCal. After 20 years in LA, I've adapted my thinking. Jeez, the San Fernando Valley almost seceded from the city of LA a few years ago. If it had, it would have instantly become the 6th largest city in the US.

That said, I am still up for making arrangements with the guys at Guitar Merchant for uke meeting space. PM or post here if you are in this area (you know who you are) and want to participate. Then we can pick days/times.

Of course, I've already called a couple of guys over to my house this afternoon for a "I know less than you do" uke fest. There will likely be beer involved. And rum.

Top Bottom