Please Recommend Christmas/Holiday Fingerstyle Songbooks and Resources

ranilus

Reaction score
Hi all!

The holiday season sure is creeping up on us.

I would like to start learning some fingerpicking/solo holiday songs on the ukulele. Now that everyone in my office knows about my ukulele hobbies I know they would expect me to play few tunes during our inevitable holiday potlucks and gatherings...

I have been doing searches in the forum, and online on amazon, google, and ebay, for a songbook with a nice collection of holiday classics in fingerpicking or chord solo style, with nice arrangements that sound beautiful and aren't too awkward to play.

Most books I find online are either for strums/sing alongs, which are good too (if you know a good book or resource for that, please recommend as well), or they do not specify and do not include a sample page for the music. Thus I must turn to the helpful members on this forum and your experiences/expertise.

Can anyone recommended a good book, or a website, or a thread that has links to what I am looking for?

Thanks!

I like these, although being from the US, I didn't know all the carols:
http://www.ukulele-arts.com/tabs-and-e-books/christmas-music-with-the-ukulele/
The e-book is about $11 US, and there were enough songs that I knew and liked to make it worthwhile. I payed with PayPal, and had no problems.
The site is in German, but there is a button at the top for English.

–Lori

PS Here are some free tabs from the same arranger. Thanks Wilfried!!
http://ukulelehunt.com/2008/12/10/christmas-ukulele-german-carol-tabs/

Last edited:
Huge Christmas carol fan; those old school Christmas shows were really the start of the season, really got things rolling.

Every other year I post an update of my favorite links and sources for ukulele Christmas music. I don't have this year's done yet (there are new ones I want to add and some have, sadly, gone offline). But, until I do, here's my 2011 post, "Christmas Time's A Coming"--I hope it helps!
http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/2011/11/christmas-times-a-comin-revisited

Two resources you don't want to miss are Uke of Carl's great Christmas collection (linked above) as well as "how to Play Christmas Ukulele" from UkuleleHunt.com. Both are "purchased" items but both are worth far more than the price. Good stuff!

Hey ranilus!

Check out UkeofCarl's stuff..He has a book of Christmas duets. You might want to contact him. Last year he released a small, free book with 5 or 6 solo Christmas songs. Dominator also has some Christmas songs in his list, but they are a bit more difficult. Also check out Mammoth Gardens there's some nice solo Christmas pdf's there.

Hope that helps!

Merry Christmas :)

Check out Ukulele Mike's website. He has a fingerstyle Christmas book with a lot of great songs.

I second this, I got this two years ago and can't stop playing these arrangements around Christmas time. The arrangements are all on the easier side to play, but depending on your level of playing you can add all kinds of flourishes, they really are just beautiful.

Thank you you awesome people!

When I first started playing the uke, Mike Lynch's youtube videos were of great help. They really got me excited to play and learn the uke. I would love to support him by purchasing his Christmas ebook, even though I have only heard of maybe 3 songs from that book... I am sure they are all wonderful Christmas tunes though.

Top Bottom