Eleuke Baritone - Pickup Fading Out

EscapeTheClouds

Reaction score
I've owned a baritone eleuke since 2011. It's my go-to uke and the centerpiece of my live set. That is, until today... The electronics seem to be going on it.

I was practicing with it today and noticed the volume seemed really low compared to my vocals, even though I hadn't changed the levels.

I changed the battery for a fresh one and tried a different cable and amp. Upon first plugging it in, it would play at normal loud volume for a second or two, then smoothly fade out to nothing within a few seconds. Now, it will not produce sound at all.

I've opened it up and checked out the electronics. Nothing seemed obviously out of place or disconnected.

Have any of you encountered this before? I'd certainly appreciate any help you can offer. I'm desperate! I've already contacted Eleuke, but no response yet.

I've heard some folks talk about the circuit board shorting out. Are there any visible signs of that? Also, I heard of one person bypassing the headphone/mp3 input jacks and just routing the pickup straight to the out. How would this be done? Worst comes to worst... what kind of pickup can I use as a replacement? I don't need the headphone/MP3 jacks.

Last edited:
I think it's a problem of bad workin' stuff... I had a quite similar problem... with a cheap uke an Harley Benton ( under this brand those are the musical instruments made for the Thomann store in Germany) a cute concert electric Gibson "diavoletto" style ... it had 2 strings sounding less on amp....plus hissing...
I sent it back to the shop (but to be refounded becouse now I want something better than it)

I think you'd have to bring your uke to someone who repairs it :-(

Well, the ever-amazing Mim of Mim's Ukes pointed me towards the Eleuke distributor and--long story short--they're going to fix it. The one concern is if they have parts available to replace the existing electronics. They might have to put all-new ones in depending on what broke. We shall see!

Please take a picture by opening back panel and send it to philip@eleuke.com I think I didn't receive this kind of question.

I will take a look your eMail and reply.

Thanks
Philip

I've owned a baritone eleuke since 2011. It's my go-to uke and the centerpiece of my live set. That is, until today... The electronics seem to be going on it.

I was practicing with it today and noticed the volume seemed really low compared to my vocals, even though I hadn't changed the levels.

I changed the battery for a fresh one and tried a different cable and amp. Upon first plugging it in, it would play at normal loud volume for a second or two, then smoothly fade out to nothing within a few seconds. Now, it will not produce sound at all.

I've opened it up and checked out the electronics. Nothing seemed obviously out of place or disconnected.

Have any of you encountered this before? I'd certainly appreciate any help you can offer. I'm desperate! I've already contacted Eleuke, but no response yet.

I've heard some folks talk about the circuit board shorting out. Are there any visible signs of that? Also, I heard of one person bypassing the headphone/mp3 input jacks and just routing the pickup straight to the out. How would this be done? Worst comes to worst... what kind of pickup can I use as a replacement? I don't need the headphone/MP3 jacks.

if you ever decide to go for a different brand electric baritone uke
i got my blue star konablaster today and it sounds just amazing!

Top Bottom