Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Just lost a friend

RIP, Mike. You'll be missed!

I bought my first hundred or so ukes from him. He was my crack dealer. My wallet won't miss him but I will. RIP MGM.

Hard to imagine a world full of ukes without the "Music Guy" It's quite a tribute to be mourned by so many that didn't really know him personally. His sweetness shined through everything he did. Bet he got the angels playing uke right about how.

I am deeply saddened to learn of Mike's passing.
    I have a great memory of jamming with him at HMS, he was playing u-bass and we were having a ball.
    I wonder how many angels he has already convinced to switch from harp to ukulele!
    I'm sure he is having a great jam session with Iz and Gabby and so many others.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his close friends and family.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

I must have meet Mike in high school at some point but didn't remember him. He self admittedly missed a lot of school during those days and just wanted to play music. I met him again a few years ago at the old shop in Kaneohe and we talked story for a long time while his phone constantly went off and he answered calls. He was always known for his customer service and would not try and up sell anyone. He was already sick then and on the transplant list but he never complained about it. He was always in and out of the hospital but always went back to work as soon as he could. I will truly miss him. Too many good people are passing away these past years.
    Aloha,
    Ronnie

Although I didn't know or ever talk to MGM just from the words I've read he seems like he was a amazing guy. RIP MGM
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/BIGDB12123

Ukuleles: Kanile'a KPE tenor, Martin s1, martin style 3

I didn't know Mike and I have now missed a chance to buy a Uke from him (still saving),but I can tell from the post's it is my loss as it is obvious he was a generous and loved man who shared "Uke Aloha" with many. My Condolences to his Family and many Friends. I am sure he was warmly welcomed at the Kanikapila in the Sky,and will be saving seats for us when it is our time.

RIP Mike, Never forgotten
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

Lanikai CK-B, Riptide Concert

I bought a few Ukes from Mike over the years. He always gave me a fair price. Several years ago he came to my little corner of hell for a Hawaiian Festival. I had the pleasure to sit and play music with him for a while. He was (in the ancient language of my people) a mensch.

I bought my first uke from Mike when he had his ebay store. I never met him, but I felt like I knew him from his videos and I always thought fondly of him. My condolences to all who were close to him.
    Live long, prosper, and play your ukulele.

Horrible, horrible news. I'm so sad. But he brought so much happiness and aloha with all the ukuleles he sold. Such a loss.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Thread Information