What's most important to you in a Ukulele Festival?

What's your pics?

• Total voters
I'm not well traveled as far as uke fests go, but I like a laid back feel, people being able to meet and talk, getting to see different people at open mic - and I don't mean professionals, but people who just want to share. I think it should be comfortable enough for the non-professionals and then maybe save the "big acts" for the end.

I'm bumping this post because it was on my mind and I had to look it up again. I still find the results incredibly interesting.

To me vendors, hear a variety of performers, intermediate works just shops and always hoping to see a big name act. But number see vendors and play ukuleles I've played before. Cool also to meet people from the forum. Great topic.

Haven't had the chance to go to one - yet! Looking forward to next year's UWC. Already talked a friend into going!

The only one I've ever been to is TBUG. This is my 5th year. I really love hanging out with my friends and jamming, and the concerts, and the vendors. We're gonna miss Mim this year. I heard that Donna LoPrinzi may be bringing a lot of ukes......

Open mic is always big at our events, we always put those last. The first event we ever put on (it was small) I told the crowd if anyone wanted to come onstage to play along to come on up. The next thing I knew 2 folks were left in the audience!

Nearby lodgings with a masseuse and champagne room service after midnight.

Top Bottom