Please help! Mystery ad is killing my UU....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Starting this morning I have been plagued with a strange advertisement when browsing UU. It pops up as a full screen ad every time I refresh my screen or change pages on UU (and ONLY on UU). The ad wants me to download a program called iLivid, which it says will speed up my downloads.

I don't want this program, nor do I want their ads. The ad is ruining my enjoyment of UU. How do I get rid of this stupid thing? I have tried closing my browser and reopening it, but that didn't work.

Please help!

Sorry Don, the Forum was hacked for lack of a better word. I've already notified Ryan but they're 3 hours behind.

Starting this morning I have been plagued with a strange advertisement when browsing UU. It pops up as a full screen ad every time I refresh my screen or change pages on UU (and ONLY on UU). The ad wants me to download a program called iLivid, which it says will speed up my downloads.

I don't want this program, nor do I want their ads. The ad is ruining my enjoyment of UU. How do I get rid of this stupid thing? I have tried closing my browser and reopening it, but that didn't work.

Please help!

I am having the same problem.

Mitch

me too, some of the ads are a bit 'strong' as well, full frontal nudity is not what I expected on UU.

the ads seem to be a site called linkbucks.

:^(((

should have said, I am running Chromium web broswer in Ubuntu, not windows.

Google suggests a virus :^( but it only seems to be happening on UU, not on any other sites I visit. does that mean a virus on the UU server rather than on my laptop?

Last edited:
Gentlemen, the site was hacked and our Admin who is in Hawaii had no way of knowing what was going on. UU does not have a a full time server admin to monitor 24/7 and Ryan works as fast as he can to get the Forum back in working order. BTW, Hawaii is 3 hours behind PST, hence the delay.

Suggest disable JavaScript on your browser to prevent the malicious script to be run. And wait until UU staffs kick them out of UU!

Got the all clear from Ryan at 3AM HST, he was working on the problem since yesterday. Please check the UU FB page for the latest update regarding the problem. Thanks all for your patience . . .

Top Bottom