Very sorry about the Hack this morning

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
This morning around 4am Hawaii time we were hacked again and someone installed a very malicious script which would trigger an auto download. If your computer was affected, please run your anti virus to scan for this file.

If you don't have an antivirus, Microsoft security essentials is a great free tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

If you're on a mac, you should be able to download and delete the file in your downloads folder.

If you have any issues with your computer due to the hack, please post them here and we'll all try to help you sort through it.

I'm really sorry again. I'm currently working with some people to scan the site and remove any leftover nasty stuff as well as secure it from future attacks.

Thanks for all you do, man. Your day can only go up from here!

Welcome back man, i know how that suck... Well done getting rid.
Bill

My guess is the hacker(s) doesn't play ukulele.

Last edited:
No apologies necessary.

In fact, Thank You for fixing it for all of us! :)

keep uke'in',

No apologies necessary, such is life on the web I'm afraid. I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you for working on the site and fixing it when it goes down!

You da man Ryan,.....Mahalo plentee lidat woo hoo wonda where da heck dat hacker from? send him ova hea for some lickin's
And Thank you Seeso, Danny and Ricky too .... :)

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No apologies necessary, such is life on the web I'm afraid. I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you for working on the site and fixing it when it goes down!
^ What he said. :)

This just goes along with an article I read recently that said you are much more likely to get infected from visiting a "trusted" site that's been hacked than you are from visiting "dodgy" sites. Most of us know better than to visit warez and p*** sites where such things are more common. But UU? CNN? Yep, it happens.

rayan said it was a malicious script... all the more reason to run a browser like Firefox with the Noscript extension installed. I was browsing UU earlier with no issues, but after this happened I ran full scans with MSE and Malwarebytes and came up clean.

Earlier this morning, I was trying to access the UU Forum using my iPhone and then my iPad -- and I got the "download" web page each time that I tried to access the forum -- is there anything I need to do for either my iPad or iPhone? I didn't click anything on the screen -- but, if there was some kind of "auto install" -- I guess my iPhone and iPad are at risk? Many thanks for the help! Thanks so much for all that you do to keep this site running and maintained for us all to enjoy! :)

Earlier this morning, I was trying to access the UU Forum using my iPhone and then my iPad -- and I got the "download" web page each time that I tried to access the forum -- is there anything I need to do for either my iPad or iPhone? I didn't click anything on the screen -- but, if there was some kind of "auto install" -- I guess my iPhone and iPad are at risk? Many thanks for the help! Thanks so much for all that you do to keep this site running and maintained for us all to enjoy! :)

If you were on an iPad most likely it won't affect you. It looks like it was a file that targeted PC users.

I'm a mac user so I don't think I was badly effected yet, the malicious site DID leave cookies and data in Safari. I recommend that everyone clear out their cookies and website data from their browsers. After you have done this wait a minute for various sites to send replacement cookies and delete them too.

This will be an inconvenience as you will have to log back on to all your sites but I find that its a good idea to do this at least once a week anyway.

Anthony

Glad I was on a Chromebook. I clicked and thought, "Oops".

Top Bottom