Thread: FS William King Concert Figured Mahogany

Default SOLD. William King Concert Figured Mahogany

William King Concert for sale. Figured mahogany body, mahogany neck, koa binding, black/white/black purfling, ebony fretboard and bridge, ebony nut, and ebony compensated saddle. Has an ebony crown inlay on headstock. Lovely paua rosette with purfling and fret markers. 15 inch scale, 1-7/16 inch nut width. One piece top and one piece back. Oil finish. Label indicates Model A4v6, built in 2007, but looks like a prototype of the Nunes body style. Some strum marks on upper bout, otherwise excellent condition (no dings, dents, or the like). Just put a new set of Aquila strings on it. I also tried Worth Browns, but like the Aquila better on this concert. Black Ko'olau hard case included.

The neck is smooth and fast. The sound is warm and mellow with just enough treble and bark that you would expect from a Nunes style mahogany.
    Here is the most recent sound sample with Aquila Nylguts https://app.box.com/s/rpkyvrxrq51vjprs0ve5
    Here is a fairly recent sound sample with Worth Browns: https://app.box.com/s/as8tu9bn17jtn8mxp02p

Keeping the herd thinned, a Glyph concert just arrived a few weeks ago, so one has to go.

Mr. King is unfortunately no longer making instruments. His instruments are fairly rare to find for sale and will get more so.
    ** sold **

Last edited by Doc_J; 11-10-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: fixed link, sold

More pictures.

*** Price drop for the weekend **** now SOLD
    Last edited by Doc_J; 11-10-2013 at 01:49 AM.

I have a William King tenor and it is terrific. Anyone looking for a top notch player will not be disappointed in this. Good luck with the sale and congrats to the person who acquires it.

i cant believe this hasn't sold yet. I have been thinking about it and concert is my perfered size but I have some nice concerts already.

Thank you everyone. This ukulele is now SOLD.
    Last edited by Doc_J; 11-10-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Thread Information