Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: UKE Republic

Good thoughts, Aqua. For what it's worth, I've purchased several times from both Mike and Mim, as well as the folks at The Ukulele Site, and I always just tell them that I'd like the action to be more in the "medium" range--- in other words, nothing crazy. I think they all share that general philosophy, realizing that a too-low action can have the unintended effect of diminishing the instrument's projection and tone. Again, I totally realize how subjective this all is, but I've had nothing but great experiences with all of these merchants, and it's clear that they know their stuff and want the customer to be happy with a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Good thoughts, Aqua. For what it's worth, I've purchased several times from both Mike and Mim, as well as the folks at The Ukulele Site, and I always just tell them that I'd like the action to be more in the "medium" range--- in other words, nothing crazy. I think they all share that general philosophy, realizing that a too-low action can have the unintended effect of diminishing the instrument's projection and tone. Again, I totally realize how subjective this all is, but I've had nothing but great experiences with all of these merchants, and it's clear that they know their stuff and want the customer to be happy with a purchase.
    Good word, Bill and Aqua. That’s been my experience, too. Now to more important stuff? Who do you pick to make it to the World Series? I’m pulling for the Braves! How about you, Bill?
    TomtheBaptist

Quote Originally Posted by tomthebaptist View Post
    They’re hot, but them Braves in Atlanta are sizzling.
    They are. But we'd only see them in the WS! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tomthebaptist View Post
    good word, bill and aqua. That’s been my experience, too. Now to more important stuff? Who do you pick to make it to the world series? I’m pulling for the braves! How about you, bill?
    Go Cards !!

We are done here. Both sides have expressed their opinions and there is nothing more to be gained from keeping this thread open.
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Thread Information