Things we lost in the fire

Wongo

Reaction score
Hi all it seems like an eternity since I was last on. We had a house fire that caused serious damage to our home and most of its contents. Sadly we lost one of our new kittens to the blaze. Which devastated our children. But we are grateful everyone else was unharmed. We are near to being back to normal as we could be. So it's on with the future from here.
A note to you all PLEASE CHECK THAT YOUR FIRE ALARMS ARE WORKING. I don't know what would have happened if ours weren't working that night.

I can't imagine how frightening that was. Happy you all survived.

Hi all it seems like an eternity since I was last on. We had a house fire that caused serious damage to our home and most of its contents. Sadly we lost one of our new kittens to the blaze. Which devastated our children. But we are grateful everyone else was unharmed. We are near to being back to normal as we could be. So it's on with the future from here.
A note to you all PLEASE CHECK THAT YOUR FIRE ALARMS ARE WORKING. I don't know what would have happened if ours weren't working that night.

Alex, I am soooo terribly sorry to hear about this. But I am also sooooo glad that you and your family made it out alive! Terribly sorry about the kitten. I lost my cat of 19 years in January, and it's like losing a member of the family.

I know I live across the pond, but I'll be sending my thoughts your way every day. When I read your post, I just got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Take care my friend.

That's very sad you lost your kitten, but I'm so glad the rest of you made it out okay! Fire alarms are so important!

I was wondering where you had gone. Hadn't seen you here for a while. Sorry for the loss of your things and your kitten. Such a terrible situation. Glad the rest of your family is all o.k.

Belated prayers that you and yours are safe.

What a bummer Alex...heres to a better future. The fire companies here say change your fire detector batteries when you do Daylight savings time, I hope everyone did that I know we did!

Thank you all. It's so good to be back. My biggest problem right now is trying to remember all my passwords for anything computer based. I have so many variants but use auto login so my brain is struggling to figure it all out. Oh well I get there eventually. At least I have the uu password now lol

Alex, I'm so sorry to read your alarming news. What an upsetting event for you all. I hope each day (and each re-located password) brings you back a little to the good, normal family feeling you had before.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Ginny

PS--It's also an opportunity to leave some less-desirable things behind.

My biggest problem right now is trying to remember all my passwords for anything computer based. I have so many variants but use auto login so my brain is struggling to figure it all out.
Seems you should take the chance and start using a password manager, just as a backup - I couldn't do without KeePass, having fairly long random passwords almost everywhere.

Sorry to hear about this, Alex.

Glad to see you back - hope things start to improve for you soon.

Take care,

I replace the Batteries in our Cabin, Motorhome and Rentals every Fall right after the Time Change (Daylight Savings). Another bit of advice is to have Carbon Monoxide Alarms as well!

Wow, so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitten, and your house! I hope you all recover quickly! Am glad the rest of you are safe.

Glad you and the family are safe.

Terribly sorry for your losses.

I was wondering where you had gone. Hadn't seen you here for a while. Sorry for the loss of your things and your kitten. Such a terrible situation. Glad the rest of your family is all o.k.

Newport took the words right out of my mouth. At least you are all safe.

I fear fire.

I have fire extinguishers in every room in the house. A good investment to stop something small from becoming big.

I've met several people who lost everything they own in a fire. I fear fire.

I'm sorry for you, Alex. Thanks for posting.

As I said we are doing well. The insurance company has been really good so it hasn't been as difficult to get things sorted as I thought it would be. Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes :)

So very sorry for your loss. And an excellent reminder for the rest of us to update our smoke detectors. Also get either a combo or separate carbon monoxide detector too. Some brands like Kiddie now offer 10-year battery options too. I hope your getting back to normal is expeditious and to your satisfaction.

Top Bottom