Need Koaloha bridge help

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I came home from work tonight and found my "A" string unattached at the bridge. I put it back in and while I was tightening it up it popped out. Closer examination showed this:
photo.jpg
Can someone help me fix this? I do not know of any close luthiers but will send it out if I have to. If it is an easy fix I'll do it myself. Thanks for the help in advance,
Dean
This is a concert sceptre if that makes a difference

I came home from work tonight and found my "A" string unattached at the bridge. I put it back in and while I was tightening it up it popped out. Closer examination showed this:
View attachment 60749
Can someone help me fix this? I do not know of any close luthiers but will send it out if I have to. If it is an easy fix I'll do it myself. Thanks for the help in advance,
Dean
This is a concert sceptre if that makes a difference

If those are fluorocarbon strings they are thinner than your nylon strings. I found that the A strings on these need a knot that I loop twice which makes the knot end a bit bigger which will stop it from pulling out of the slot. See if this helps as I see that the slot has widened a bit where it slipped out. But if it still slips, try doing a triple loop and it should work.

I would just make a double knot...

sometimes when you blowup the picture 10x it looks worst then it is....haha
good luck...I don't think you have to show it to a luthier....

but for info Jay Litchy or Jake Maclay(Hive Ukuleles) in your area for custom builds or advice....

what do you mean by "loops"? Knots?

I'm not sure how to describe it - this is a challenge since I'm much more visual than word-oriented :)

Basically I start to tie a normal knot by making a loop and wrapping the string over itself, making a circle. Then I keep wrapping the loose end through the middle of the circle another 5 to 7 times.

Or try this - according to this site, it's an Overhand Knot. See how in the finished knot the end sticks out after only one wrap? Just take that end and keep wrapping until you have something substantial enough to not pull through the bridge.

Top Bottom