Where do you put your Uke?

JulianUker

Reaction score
Do you hang your Uke(s) on the wall, keep it in a case or on a stand? All of the above?

I keep mine in their cases all the time but thinking I might get a stand to display one or two of them a bit.

I hang two in my office and keep the other two in cases

One hangs in my music room at home, one in a table top stand, one travels with me to work everyday and my daughter keeps hers on the wall in her bedroom. I keep the humidity at 47-50% and temp at 70-72˚ in my music room for my Taylor guitars and electrics. I'm big on maintaining that via humidifier and de-humidifiers year round. It's a commitment and worth it to have them ready to play any time.

All in cases in my music room.

In cases. I have a couple wall hangers but they are unplayable antiques like a 50s Kay, etc.

If I didn't have them on stands next to the easy chair in the living room, my practicing would be even less than it is now.

I did put up a wall hanger for my first uke, but since reading about humidity concerns, and that I live in Southern California, and the room where I keep the ukes is really big so humidifying is not feasible, I keep them all in bags with humidifiers.

Here
Bookshelf.jpg

One in a stand within arm's length of my desk in my home office. Most of the others in cases, although a couple are just leaning up against the wall behind me.

I have 20+ ukes and 1 classical guitar hanging on a wall. along with a room humidifier.

They are accessible and I love to play a tune on various ukes and appreciate the sound and differences...

THe room humidifier works great keeps humidity at 50% and it cost less than $100.

You can check out old pictures in my profile...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1606&attachmentid=32517

My good ones live in their cases. My other ones are on stands.
The ones in their cases like it there. No worries about damage that way.

I have a Luna Concert and a Fluke at home. The Luna is in the case and the Fluke is out. I recently purchased a Kamaka Tenor which stays in the case when it's not being played. I also keep an Oasis Humidifier in the Kamaka. I saved a long time to get that one so I'm extra careful with it. I teach instrumental and classroom music at an arts magnet school. I keep an old Lani Kai concert in my classroom but not in a case.

all hang on the walls in various rooms, so I can play them as the mood strikes me. for me, it's out of sight, out of mind.

Most everywhere. Some painted pineapples on the living room wall above the piano, several on stands in that room (U-bass, tenor, 8-string, a soprano, banjolele, and whatever other one happens to be out lately. Flea and Fluke next to the TV in the family room, a smiley on the wall and an imitation Flea on the dresser in the kids room, one or two in my office on stands, and a couple in cases (central California, not a real humidity problem).

I bought a bunch of the Eddy Finn folding ~$10 uke stands a while back, and am glad I did, as the ukes in cases don't get played nearly as much...I like having them ready to grab and play, and when someone comes over that plays, they're likely to just pick one up and play a bit, which would be unlikely if it were in a case. A Roland bass cube and a Vox Mini 3, both battery-powered, sit next to them for easy use any time we want to plug one in, a must for the U-bass at least, and the Roland can add a nice drum rhythm at the punch of a button.

I have two or three ukuleles lying around the house...and a couple in my office. The only one I try to take care of is a vintage 1920s banjo ukulele, which is kept in a padded gigbag at all times. If I have to take the ukes somewhere, I've got bags and cases.

Do you hang your Uke(s) on the wall, keep it in a case or on a stand? All of the above?

I keep mine in their cases all the time but thinking I might get a stand to display one or two of them a bit.

right now mine are in the cases in my closet. My cat tends to claw and use my instrument gig bags as scratching posts
so i have to hide them in the closet. Eventually once i move out of where i am now, id like to get wall hangers for all my ukes
and keep them that way.

For the past 4 years I have been keeping my guitars and more recently my ukes in their cases. When I was single I kept my guitars hung on the wall, but married life requires me to keep them cased until I have a bigger house. I honestly prefer to keep them on the wall with a humidifier in the sound hole or a humidifier in the room.

When I lived in a drier climate zone, they were kept in a humidified cabinet.
image.jpg
Now that I live right by the ocean, with constant humidity in the 50 percent range, they have been freed and put back on wall hangers.
image.jpg

Top Bottom