New Keith Ogata Mo'olelo Tenor Ukulele

Ukulele Friend

Reaction score
Beautiful custom Keith Ogata Mo'olelo SE Tenor ukulele. Keith has been building custom ukuleles here in Hawaii for over twelve years and has mastered a design that is both aesthetically appealing and wonderful in tone. Constructed of a premium Hawaiian Koa face, back, and sides, this custom piece also emphasizes a solid Koa fretboard, bridge and neck as well. Maple wood binding around the soundboard. Neck is also accented with maple inlay. Professional Grover Mini Rotomatics machine tuners. Maple wood position marker inlays and much more. A beautiful and rare piece that rings true the wonderful tones, rich and clear, of Hawaii. The ‘オ’ on the headstock is the Japanese character for the phonetic sound ‘O’ as in Ogata. This symbol is branded into the headstock of each ukulele and was something passed down to Keith over three generations. The character has always been the symbol of the family business. Keith’s grandfather, who had initially requested the brand to be made, owned a small business in Hawaii selling handcrafted Japanese ‘Geta’ or ‘wooden sandals’ on which he would burn this symbol into each sandal. This tradition has continued for three generations beginning with Japanese ‘Geta’ and continuing on in its tradition with beautiful custom ukuleles. Overall length: approx. 28.00" Upper bout: approx. 7.00" Waist: approx. 5.75" Lower bout: approx. 9.50" Body length: approx. 12.00" Body depth: approx. 2.88" Scale length: 18.25" Fret width at nut: 1.50" Fret width at body: 1.63" Finish: Clear Satin

This is from the last batch of Ogata ukes that will sell at this discounted price. Keith will be raising his prices from those built here on out.

For more info email syacavone@gmail.com or check out additional photos at http://ukulelefriend.com

Sean, any sound samples available?

Last edited:
sound file

Aloha All,

I don't have a soundfile of this instrument at the moment but I'll try to get one up on youtube over the weekend, time permitting.

I'll be sure to post the link here thereafter.

Mahalo,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

I believe it was posted for 650$ on the FFM site. Now I had one of these and they have a heck of a sound fr the price. They should be in the 1100-1200 range.

Top Bottom