Kala Round-About 10-watt Amp

UkeTX

Reaction score
I saw this little uke amp in one of the Ukulele Player Magazines and was intrigued, but when I did a search to find one, they seem to be scarce. Can someone tell me where I might find one - the yellow preferably!
Thanks,
UkeTx

I've had an ebay search going for about 4 months now looking for the Roundabout amp. They ARE scarce! I wanted the novelty. But they folks here are right, they will sound mediocre at best. Probably best to go for the real deal.

If I was going to get a small acoustic portable amp, I'd probably go with the Fishman Loudbox. Not battery operated but I don't see myself being in a situation that I'd need battery power. Plus the loud box has two inputs, one 1/4" and one XLR on two channels. Great for amp'ing your uke or acoustic PLUS a mic for singing. They are small and lightweight too!

Lori, I like your avatar. Are you doing a Bob Dylan there?
I wasn't conscious of a Dylan connection... is it my pose, or the hat? I like your avatar too... my husband is a big fan of the Capt America comic book/ movie.

Back to the subject, for my small portable amp, I went with the Fender Mini Passport, which can connect to your computer for creating customized presets. About $149 street price.
http://www.fender.com/series/passport/passport-mini-120v/

–Lori

I have a pink Roundabout, and it's fine for what it is. I've used it a number of times on gigs, because for something as high pitched as a uke, the sound is going to carry. It's nothing fantastic, just a little amp that works for venues I play at, and gets a lot of comments.

Top Bottom