Mainland Ukes owners club

62 members strong, ya'll! Any double owners? I adopt the newest member to my family tomorrow, a Mainland Honeybee soprano. 2nd Mainland for me, surely not the last with the new Mangos and slotted headstocks coming out.

N00bs, join up!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=22

I'll be a double owner by the end of the week (hopefully). I'll post pics of my new honeybee when she gets here. :D

Here's a desktop wallpaper I made for myself using photos from our club and ukereview

uke.jpg

Nice wallpaper.....

Ok.... so I'm going to go for the Mainland and hopefully join this very happy club soon. I'm leaning towards the Pineapple Mahogany, but volume and tone are huge for me.

Is the pineapple going to be a little more louder b/c of the larger body size? I jam with other folks a lot and hate to bang on the uke too hard to hear myself.

Very excited about this. Seems like the Mainland Soprano is awesome.:drool:

Give Mike a call. I'm sure he'd be happy to play some samples for you over the phone and give you his expert opinion. I think (and I speak with no experience but having read others' opinions) that the pineapple will sound both a little louder and warmer because of the bigger top and internal sound chamber. Having said that, all Mainlands are impressively loud and sweet.

62 members strong, ya'll! Any double owners? I adopt the newest member to my family tomorrow, a Mainland Honeybee soprano. 2nd Mainland for me, surely not the last with the new Mangos and slotted headstocks coming out.

N00bs, join up!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=22

In my Mainland family:

-Mahogany soprano
-Red Cedar concert
-Red Cedar tenor
and soon..
- a mango to be named later! :)

In my Mainland family:

-Mahogany soprano
-Red Cedar concert
-Red Cedar tenor
and soon..

I think the red cedar is gorgeous looking and sounding, and the koa (?) strip below the rope is a classy touch.

C'mon Mainlanders! Join the club and upload pics!

I put Kala Reds on my Honeybee and she sounds BEAUTIFUL. This was my first uke purchase and I think I made a wise decision. The tone and action are great. Makes learning to play a real pleasure.

In my Mainland family:

-Mahogany soprano
-Red Cedar concert
-Red Cedar tenor
and soon..
Wow, I'd like to be part of that family! I have only have 1, a Mahogany Concert. I am hoping to own many more though.

My wood remains solid!

I had to return my Mainland mahogany concert uke today because I noticed a slight defect in it. I still believe they're of great quality, though, and Mike was totally cool about taking the uke back. He also agreed to exchange it with a red cedar top soprano. I'm so stoked! I find their customer service to be superb and that's one of many reasons why I'm sticking with Mainland. My wood remains solid! MAINLAND RULES!

Well...I broke down with a case of UAS this morning and bought a Matte Mahog Tenor with nickel/ebony tuners and an alligator case...can't wait for Thursday! :drool:

Top Bottom