Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ukulele as a wedding gift ? good idea yes or no?

Guess what, another wedding to go to this month. Last time i gave cash, this time i might give a hawaii made ukulele as a gift. They may not know how to play but i think this is one way of introducing them to it. Even if they dont like it .muahahah

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

Better give two Ukuleles. Just thinking ahead.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

you would need to give 2 ukes one each (a family that plays together stay together) but like was mentioned already a bit risky and if you gave money well they could buy what they like and you never know that might just be a uke or two
    Barron River ukes - Super Soprano, 2 X tenors, 2 x Baritones one 8 string

My youtube channel

Hi

What a great idea giving a uke for a wedding present. You can't really go wrong, it's creative and more exciting than giving money.

My niece gets married next year and I've got two ItsyBitsyUkes made for her and him. It should be a safe bet because if they don't like them they are ideal for using as substitute table tennis bats and they adore table tennis.

Just one thing... Don't hit the ball to hard!

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

Itsybitsyuke@Gmail
    https://youtu.be/QtLFjkZcnaQ

Quote Originally Posted by tangimango View Post
    Guess what, another wedding to go to this month. Last time i gave cash, this time i might give a hawaii made ukulele as a gift. They may not know how to play but i think this is one way of introducing them to it. Even if they dont like it .muahahah
    I think a nice Ko'Aloha or Kanile'a would be nice...or a Soprano Kamaka..giving a less expensive import for such a huge event in their life seems cheap to me...IMO
    money always the safest but a nice uke will last forever...
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor,Kimo Super Tenor all Koa,Beau Hannam Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by consitter View Post
    Just my opinion, no. Cash would be a better idea, I think. Especially if neither play, unless they've both expressed a keen interest.
    I agree. They might think it's a gag gift.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

The OP has already decided to donate cash. Good idea. An ukulele could wind up causing.....divorce.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Giving two is a great suggestion.

The last thing you want to do is give newlyweds something to fight over

My opinion is that when you have met someone who will approve of receiving an ukulele as a wedding gift, you will not have any questions about it.

Consider, also, that the average wedding gift is a monetary gift equal to the cost of your plate(s). Where I live, this means you give around $75-$100 per person listed on your invitation. I point this piece out because unless you're planning to give somebody like $1000 for this wedding, a high-end ukulele seems a little above and beyond what's expected here.
    Last edited by donboody; 05-11-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Thread Information