::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elwood update:

He spent 3 weeks in the hospital at Auburn University. Instead of just a back problem, he was diagnosed with Atlantoaxial Subluxation. Basically, his head was not attached to his spine. So, his surgery was done to correct that. It was a very risky surgery, with a 40% survival rate. Luckily, he made it through. We had a dog with this same malady that had that surgery 10 years ago, and he didn't make it.

Elwood had a bone graft, and plates screwed into his skull and spine. He is in a metal brace that he has been wearing the past 3 weeks, and will have to wear for a few more weeks. His brace supports his head in line with his spine, so it runs all the way from the top of his head to his rear.

Aftersurgerybrace_zps3cf00045.jpg

Aftersurgery_zps06ccf78d.jpg

The price tag on his hospitalization was staggering. Much more than we had anticipated at the outset.

They let us go early yesterday. I left the office at noon, and arrived home at 7:20. (I really had to pee when I finally got home.) That is for a normal 45 minute commute. I was lucky, too. I almost got wiped out twice by people driving too fast, losing traction, and skidding towards me. One only missed me by about 6 inches. I saw a lot of cars off the side of the road, many in ditches, and a couple upside down.

I hope you stayed home today, I know I did, that is way worse where you are.

Last edited:
Elwood update:

He spent 3 weeks in the hospital at Auburn University. Instead of just a back problem, he was diagnosed with Atlantoaxial Subluxation. Basically, his head was not attached to his spine. So, his surgery was done to correct that. It was a very risky surgery, with a 40% survival rate. Luckily, he made it through. We had a dog with this same malady that had that surgery 10 years ago, and he didn't make it.

Elwood had a bone graft, and plates screwed into his skull and spine. He is in a metal brace that he has been wearing the past 3 weeks, and will have to wear for a few more weeks. His brace supports his head in line with his spine, so it runs all the way from the top of his head to his rear.

Aftersurgerybrace_zps3cf00045.jpg

Aftersurgery_zps06ccf78d.jpg

The price tag on his hospitalization was staggering. Much more than we had anticipated at the outset.

oh my gosh , poor thing.

Hang in there Elwood!

Down syndrome kids are examined for a similar anomaly before being cleared for sports.

Whoa Elwood. That's crazy. I hope he's not hurting.

Okay, details. How can the head be unattached but still operate? Does the soft tissue do all the work?

Lots of talk on the UWC FB about when peeps are arriving and leaving etc. I want to arrive on Sunday June 1 or Monday June 2, but will need to hitch a ride to the field from the Indy Airport. If anyone is planning on passing by there on either of those days and have an empty seat, I would so appreciate a ride. I want to secure a ride b4 booking my flight.

So if you guys where to pick a car suv etc for me to drive what would it be? I want photos with your posts. Just thought this would be fun.

Olaf has a Turdicus again. We are over a week into the siege, and a rotoroot is inevitable. We've done it all, including the enema. Nothing worked.

Poor guy. We were doing so well too.

Thread Information
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
Ukulelerob

Almost seven hours between posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom