Bought a new Guitar...Hope I didn't screw up.

haolejohn

Reaction score
I found a breedlove passport c200/smp on Ebay for less than $200 with free shipping. It was a floor model. Has a p/u and solid spruce top. Figured why not...any feedback on them?

Well???...did you ever get the guitar???

I'm guessing not, seeing as how he only bought it three days ago and it has to make its journey to the boondocks in Alaska and "free shipping" usually entails being put on the proverbial slow boat to China. :p
I did. It arrived in four days. Lol. Dealer sent it priority mail. I was shocked. Also there was no pick up so I got a $75 refund which brought guitar to a total price of $120. Can't beat that. Here is a pic.

I did. It arrived in four days. Lol. Dealer sent it priority mail. I was shocked. Also there was no pick up so I got a $75 refund which brought guitar to a total price of $120. Can't beat that. Here is a pic.

And the pic is......

Where???

Looked one up. I didn't know Breedlove even offered guitars at that price point. I thought they were all high dollar stuff.
Yep. I can't afford one of those high dollar ones. Almost traded a nice mele for one once but my guitar playing ability is lacking. I figured this school year I'd focus on guitar and fitness.

Yep. I can't afford one of those high dollar ones. Almost traded a nice mele for one once but my guitar playing ability is lacking. I figured this school year I'd focus on guitar and fitness.

There's a local store here that carries them and pushes them above all else.

Funny story: I took my custom uke into the store shortly after I got it, and the guy said, "You really ought to get you a high quality uke, like the Breedlove master series." I laughed at him and told him he was an idiot. Yes, he was serious.

There's a local store here that carries them and pushes them above all else.

Funny story: I took my custom uke into the store shortly after I got it, and the guy said, "You really ought to get you a high quality uke, like the Breedlove master series." I laughed at him and told him he was an idiot. Yes, he was serious.
He just didn't know any better. This is my first Breedlove. I've only played two of the high end ones before.

He just didn't know any better. This is my first Breedlove. I've only played two of the high end ones before.

No. He just thought all ukes other than those made by Breedlove are toys. I educated him. I told him to pull up the 'Face Melting Uke' guy to see what a stock KoAloha could do. It made him a believer.

No. He just thought all ukes other than those made by Breedlove are toys. I educated him. I told him to pull up the 'Face Melting Uke' guy to see what a stock KoAloha could do. It made him a believer.
Yeah. I've never heard a Breedlove uke. Are they on par with KoAloha?

Looked one up. I didn't know Breedlove even offered guitars at that price point. I thought they were all high dollar stuff.

The Passport series is fairly reasonable.

I own the first Breedlove CM built. Is the actual guitar that was guitar of the year in '92 and pictured on Guitar Magazines cover. Been trying to get it authenticated but back then Breedloves records were basically non existent as it was such a small company. Need the papers so I can sell it properly. They made three before changing the style so it's very rare.

Bought from a doctor to help bail him out of jail for cutting his ex-wifes lawyers brakelines lol. Breedloves are great instruments but never played any of their newer models.

Congrats John!!! I got a Breedlove Atlas with spruce top and flame maple sides and bottom with pick up.....one SWEET guitar, can't stop playing it!!!

Very nice.

I like that body shape. Reminds me of a mini-jumbo or an OOO. How does the tone compare to other guitars that you have or played?

Top Bottom