Song Help Request SOS: I Need Five (5) Ukulele Songs for Debut

cebukenieduke

Reaction score
Got to receive a special request to help the eldest of a close family, an Unica Hija turning 18 this February 2014. The younger siblings (3 in High School and 1 in elementary school) were tasked to render five (5) songs which is one of the surprise number.

They all wanted to have the Uke since these kids are all my Uke students. I can only think of "Daddy's Little Girl" which is one heart warming song for such Debut. I'm stuck with only 1 Uke song and this is where the SOS comes in. I'm a junior UU yokel-lele, HELP PLEASE . . . . .

Is that like a Sadie Hawkins dance?

I believe the OP is looking for some songs to play at "coming of age" birthday party for a young woman about to turn 18. "Unica Hija" is a Spanish term of endearment used frequently in the Philippines (please correct me if I am wrong).

He is looking for five appropriate songs for such an occasion that the young lady's siblings may play on the ukulele.

I believe the OP is looking for some songs to play at "coming of age" birthday party for a young woman about to turn 18. "Unica Hija" is a Spanish term of endearment used frequently in the Philippines (please correct me if I am wrong).

He is looking for five appropriate songs for such an occasion that the young lady's siblings may play on the ukulele.

Along those lines, here are a couple of suggestions (click on the song name to see a video of the song):

Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
The Temptations - My Girl
John Mayer - Daughters
Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus - I Learned From You
Natalie Grant - Always Be Your Baby
Rascal Flatts - My Wish

These are popular father/daughter dance songs at weddings, may not be as appropriate for an 18th birthday/debutante party

Heartland - I Loved Her First
Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack - Sunrise, Sunset)

Last edited:
SOS Coming of Age songs for 18 Year Old

Along those lines, here are a couple of suggestions (click on the song name to see a video of the song):

Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
The Temptations - My Girl
John Mayer - Daughters
Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus - I Learned From You
Natalie Grant - Always Be Your Baby
Rascal Flatts - My Wish

These are popular father/daughter dance songs at weddings, may not be as appropriate for an 18th birthday/debutante party

Heartland - I Loved Her First
Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack - Sunrise, Sunset)

Thanks for replies, was late to respond am still stuck with pre 2014 power related issues office work. SOS calls for a young teen turning her 18th birthday. Ukulele in our local scene is still in the infancy stage, thus, Im stuck with "Daddy's Little Girl". I was hoping there might be an existing list of songs that will jive with the occassion. Titles mentioned above are fully appreciated. I can't seem to relate what songs will be a hit with the young ones being in my Beatles generation. 5song number is a surprise portion of the program. Thanks for replies.

Top Bottom