2014 New Years Uke Resolutions (goals) ?

After seeing this on another thread, one of my goals will be to learn John King's Carol of the Bells in time for Christmas 2014. Maybe if I start in January ....

After seeing this on another thread, one of my goals will be to learn John King's Carol of the Bells in time for Christmas 2014. Maybe if I start in January ....

I've been saying that for three years running now. Okay, four years running now :) I really do want to accomplish this!

1. Get my forward 4/4 rolls going as fast as my backward triplet rolls.
2. Put together all my group arrangements of Christmas Carols for NEXT year.

That's about it. Small list. #1 is going to take a LOT of work...

I resolve, as pretty much always, not to make resolutions... :)

John

Hmmm...

Assuming that your resolution to not make any resolutions is grounded in past experience of not following through on New Years resolutions, I think you might have created a double bind, of sorts. As in, if you don't follow through on this one, ...

1. Practice at least 1hr a day
2. Go to at least one jam session
3. Make a few recordings

Be brave enough to participate in a Seasons contest. :)

I'm gonna teach my dad more chords so he can learn more songs and play it together :D

He keeps playing somewhere over the rainbow cause i haven't teach him another song. Lol

And I hope i can save money to buy a Pono.

Anyway Merry Christmas my friends

That's so great that you're teaching your Dad! It made me happy to read that.

I'm gonna teach my dad more chords so he can learn more songs and play it together :D

He keeps playing somewhere over the rainbow cause i haven't teach him another song. Lol

And I hope i can save money to buy a Pono.

Anyway Merry Christmas my friends

My 2014 Resolutions:

1. Learn to play the trumpet. I actually bought one in preparation for this goal.
2. Learn some jazz on my ukulele. I love jazz.
3. Recover from some upcoming major back surgery.
4. Learn lots of songs to sing with my ukulele. I want to fill a binder.

Those sound do-able to me, not like some years.

Small list: Play like Jon.

I just found a good instructor and signed up with her for lessons. So to that extent I reslove to work hard at the skills she is working on for me, right now that is finger picking and chunking and muting. Learn 3 songs and at leat one of them without needing to use the written music. And practice an hour a day at least 4 days a week more if I can.

I think these are doable 8)

My biggest resolution is to focus more. Right now I tend to go through music books rapidly, skipping from song to song. I play through each song, but I never reallly learn it. I need to focus on one song at a time, really learn to play it and (preferably) memorize the lyrics. I want to truly build a repertoire to draw from.

I also need to take one technique at a time and master it. I'm currently spending far too much time flitting from technique to technique but never actually learning it.

Wish me luck!

Still time to set uke goals for the year. Working on keeping mine.

I intend to become worthy of the new uke I just invested in!
2c7a6518ad64db0c36b1555a3a1b9eec-big.jpg

1. Practice every day.
2. Learn songs by heart.

And once 2 has been done -

3. Perform somewhere other than my study

Top Bottom