Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Version of Touch by Jake Shimabukuro

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    Good Job on that song. Sounds just like Dominator's arrangement did you memorize the song already? or were you reading tabs?

I'm not sure if it was Dominator who told this to me about jake, but Jake really lets the songs 'breathe'. Especially with a song like this. Try to smooth out the lines and just really take your time on it. It helps to study jake's video and see where he slows down and when he speeds up. But yeah good job! keep it up!
    Trevor, I think you have done a great job in getting the song committed to memory. David offers some good advice here. The song does need room to breathe and this will only come with more practice. I'm not trying to be too critical of your efforts because you've accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. Now that you have it memorized just keep working to smooth it out so it sounds like it's coming from the heart instead of a piece of paper. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh as that is most certainly not my intention. I just want to provide honest feedback and hope it helps in some way.
    Keep it up bro.
    --------------------------------------
    Dominator

Dominator Ukulele Tabs
    Dominator on MySpace
    Dominator on Youtube
    --------------------------------------
    Practice Makes Practice Perfect

thanks Dom. I know there is a lot of room for improvement but i'll work on it. thanks for the advice! i'll keep on trying
    real.eyes realize

Thread Information