Hi from Boston

Stagehand

Reaction score
Hi Boys & Girls,
I have been lurking here for quite some time and figured it was time to pull up a stool and join the conversation.

The one thing that really impresses me is the welcoming spirit among members irregardless of level of playing or cost/quality of their ukulele.

Thank You to each and every member for the knowledge you share!

Welcome from the North Shore, Stagehand.

Good people here, so pull up that stool and get comfy.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Aloha and welcome to UU!

Welcome from the North Shore, Stagehand.

Good people here, so pull up that stool and get comfy.

Salem is soooooo 1692.... Get with the times. The South Shore is where it's at!

Welcome to UU, glad you decided to join in.

The uke is a great instrument and its players (IMHO) even better!

Enjoy and keep us posted

Welcome Stagehand, from the Cape. Lots of useful info to be found here. And lots of useless info as well.:)

The South Shore is where it's at!

In high school we drove down to Hingham to see if we could find Alicia Silverstone at DQ, (maybe it was Quincy -- you know how all those towns look the same down there). Anyway, we sat through traffic on the southeast expressway, had some crap fries, and then sat through traffic coming back north. Obviously, we never found her.

That was the best time I ever had on the south shore. :p

In high school we drove down to Hingham to see if we could find Alicia Silverstone at DQ, (maybe it was Quincy -- you know how all those towns look the same down there). Anyway, we sat through traffic on the southeast expressway, had some crap fries, and then sat through traffic coming back north. Obviously, we never found her.

That was the best time I ever had on the south shore. :p

I suppose that our lack of "witchcraft" supply stores and tacky Pirate Museums can seem a little dull....

(I say that with the utmost affection as I wave at the Salem smokestacks across the bay.)

By the way, why would Silverstone be at the DQ?

Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome.
Its nice to find members so close.
Sorry conner013, I am a South Shore guy not far from the Braintree split.
The North Shore:confused:...Doesn't that start around Lechmere station?:)

I suppose that our lack of "witchcraft" supply stores and tacky Pirate Museums can seem a little dull....

(I say that with the utmost affection as I wave at the Salem smokestacks across the bay.)

By the way, why would Silverstone be at the DQ?

I actually couldn't remember what the rumor was -- neither could my HS buddies -- but it was right after she filmed the Aerosmith video. Whatever it was, it was enough to send us running down there.

And the Salem stacks are (finally?!) coming down next spring. It's cool to think there won't be all that coal dust floating around, but no one up here has figured out how they'll get their boats home from P-town.

Cheers, all.

AlohaStagehand, many new england members are here...spent some time in Brookline way back then..:) you are a lurker no more.. :)
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings

Top Bottom