Vintage Kelii Cocert Uke

The warrior logo on the headstock (which is what Kelii means in Hawaiian) is clearly the same as that of more recent ukes of this brand name.

I have looked and looked ???? The phone number in the sound hole is 7 digit number not used since the 60s ??? Its is vintage even the guy from
http://theukulelesite.com Andrew said it looked old not like new Keliis ???? Jim

The bridges are not the same ! The fretboard is not same !! Please look at the photos I posted . Thanks Jim

In this UU post, the following info is listed for Keli'i Ukulele:

Keli’i Ukulele
KC Moore
98-722 Kuahao Pl,
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808) 487-8420

Notice that phone number is the EXACT SAME ONE on your label!

So - this does appear to be an early Keli'i uke - although I don't think that company dates back more than 20 years or so.

I think your uke is a unique find. It is a mystery. It could possibly be an original Keli'i or it could be that some one placed the decal into the soundhole of an older vintage uke?

I think your uke is a unique find. It is a mystery. It could possibly be an original Keli'i or it could be that some one placed the decal into the soundhole of an older vintage uke?

We may never know ? But I feel its real because of the phone number and headstock decal > I think its real !

The company moved to Aiea from Pearl City, so I would think the number changed too. I'm sure it's a Kelii, but how old? My Kelii was new last year, probably built in 2012. My uke looks different, especially the bridge, but the body shape looks similar. I wish there were more information out there about the manufacturer. I have also been under the impression that they have been around for about 20 years. But I am hardly an expert on the subject.

In this UU post, the following info is listed for Keli'i Ukulele:

Keli’i Ukulele
KC Moore
98-722 Kuahao Pl,
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808) 487-8420

Notice that phone number is the EXACT SAME ONE on your label!

So - this does appear to be an early Keli'i uke - although I don't think that company dates back more than 20 years or so.

Awesome !!!! This the first real info I have gotten ! The number is disconnected !

Awesome !!!! This the first real info I have gotten ! The number is disconnected !

One last idea for trying to track the current Keli'i down - looks like Ukulele PuaPua in Honolulu stocks their ukes, so they may know how to get in contact with KC Moore. PuaPua's phone number is 808-923-0550 - call them and find out!

One last idea for trying to track the current Keli'i down - looks like Ukulele PuaPua in Honolulu stocks their ukes, so they may know how to get in contact with KC Moore. PuaPua's phone number is 808-923-0550 - call them and find out!

I was about to suggest the same thing. If you can track down K.C. Moore, or whoever owns Keli'i these days, and email photos of your ukulele to them, someone there might be able to identify approximately when it was built.

If MGM(may he rest in peace) was still around, he'd be able to solve this in no time.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm certainly interested in solving the mystery!

I did glean some information from the label of my Kelii, if suburude wants to contact them:
email: keliiukuleles@aol.com
address: 98-1277 Kaahumanu Street #450
Aiea, HI 96701

Top Bottom