UKULELE JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2014: March 29th, San Francisco, CA.

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Ukulele Jay's UkeJam By The Bay 2014: Live streaming google+

(UPDATE: We will be streaming live on Google+). LINK WILL BE POSTED HERE AT 10:00am PST Tomorrow am (Sat March 29th) so check back in just a few hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsecTqbzAFg

DON'T FORGET TO PRINT YOUR SONG BOOKS AND BRING THEM WITH YOUR MUSIC STAND

Hi All, due to the nice turn out last year, I am excited to be holding the 2nd Annual UkeJam By The Bay.
1095 Folsom St., San Francisco, California from 10am to 4pm.

Parking is 1hr zones (no meters but they are vultures in the parking dept.) so best is to take BART to Civic Center station and just walk down 7th til you get to 7th and Folsom, or if live in SF, public transportation. There are unlimited parking spots on side streets off of Folsom around 7th, 6th, 5th. The weather should be nice Saturday. There are parking garages at 801 Bryant St., 502 6th Street, and 365 Harriet St. These are AMPCO and CENTRAL parking. It's only a three block walk from these locations.

I will have our stage area set up again with a mixing board, acoustic amp and several vocal mikes and cables to plug in your uke if you have a pickup you want to try out. I will have donuts again to keep that sugar energy going.

I believe several luthiers will be attending, including one coming up all the way from San Diego! However this is a jam and we will be playing all day. We will also be doing "Show Us Your Uke" which was a lot fun. We had a lot of customs and vintage ukes last year from Collings, Pohaku, Mo Bettah, Compass Rose, Favilla and others to name a few.

I look forward to seeing everyone from last year and hopefully ya'll will bring some ukers you know and spread the word. A good time will be had by all.

SONGBOOK DOWNLOAD HERE: (PLEASE PRINT YOUR OWN COPY TO BRING, OR BRING IT ON YOUR DEVICES)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0pim9s0b9y7ca3/Ukulele Jay's UkeJam By The Bay 2014 Song Book.pdf
I will have limited copies to share, so please do print and bring your own copy.

SCHEDULE:

10:00am - 10:15am - (Arrivals) and Name Tags (but you can come any time)
10:15am - 11:15am - (Jam Session 1) Welcome and start jamming
11:15am - 11:30am - (Break, Meet and Greet)
11:30am - 12:00pm - (Jam Session 2)
12:00pm - 1:00pm - (Lunch time, I'll have a list of where to go there or bring your lunch)
1:00pm - 1:30pm - Rick Turner and Uke Ellington (maybe duo, trio, but it's on!)
1:30pm - 1:40pm - Rick Turner intro to build a uke and when is the next one? We want our Pineapples!
1:40pm - 2:20pm - (Jam Session 3)
2:20pm - 2:45pm - (Show Us Your Ukes, Meet the Luthier and See the Vintage Ukes display)
2:45pm - 3:45pm - (Jam Session 4)
3:45pm - 4:00pm - (Final Jam and closing)

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi All, due to the nice turn out last year, I am excited to be holding the 2nd Annual UkeJam By The Bay. Please RSVP me via PM so I know how many chairs and tables to set up.

1095 Folsom St., San Francisco, California from 10am to 4pm.

I will be updating this announcement in the next few weeks as well as posting a songbook attachment about a week or so before he event.

If you are coming and would like to submit a song that you would like to lead please PM me so I can get it in the songbook. I will have our stage area set up again with a mixing board, acoustic amp and several vocal mikes and cables to plug in your uke if you have a pickup you want to try out. I will have donuts again to keep that sugar energy going.

I believe several luthiers will be attending, including one coming up all the way from San Diego! However this is a jam and we will be playing all day. We will also be doing "Show Us Your Uke" which was a lot fun. We had a lot of customs and vintage ukes last year from Collings, Pohaku, Mo Bettah, Compass Rose, Favilla and others to name a few.

I look forward to seeing everyone from last year and hopefully ya'll will bring some ukers you know and spread the word. A good time will be had by all.

Cheers,

Bumping....so who's gonna be the first one to lead a song?

I will do it!

For those who might like to attend, the format of this Jam is that we set up some mikes and speakers in front, then a bunch of seats and all the music stands we can gather. We choose a song, and then we lead/sing. Anyone can come up and play at the mikes and lead a song or songs. If you prefer to sit and play/sing, that is great too. Here is the video Jay made of last year so people can get an idea....very mellow, all levels of ability are welcome and a good time was had by all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0PLAClVYP4

Thanks for the video!!

Very well-done and very interesting!

I hope you fill the hall this year!

Any sound bites?

keep uke'in',

I'd really love to join in, but I doubt I'll be in California then.

On the other hand, my wife is checking on airfare costs, so we can spend a week helping my mother-in-law with things, so it isn't completely out of the realm of possibilities...

{edited because I forgot a very important word!} IF I am on the left coast at that time, I'll do my best to be there!

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Song Requests For UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2014?

This year I would like more people to lead songs, so if you could lead a song, post your request so I can get the music in the song book. I want to give as many folks an opportunity to lead a jam. Go ahead and let me know one of your favorite tunes and we'll start a list. I am not sure if we get a ton of songs that we'll get everyone up with the time we have but I'll try! Thanks. Post away.

Thanks for the video!!

Very well-done and very interesting!

I hope you fill the hall this year!

Any sound bites?

keep uke'in',

Hi there, I didn't do any recording last year. This year, I'll bring my digital recorder and try to get some songs posted with video. Last year I was just hoping to have everything ready in time for folks to show up.

Bump, I'll be showing my new Compass Rose "Octave Uke".... and there will be at least another CR Octave Uke I believe as well. We want to see all those cool ukes. I got a question of "Can I bring a friend". YES YES YES. You do NOT need to be a UU'er, as this is a jam for ukers, so if you have a friend that plays uke but is not on UU, that's just fine. The more folks, the more fun.

Bump, I'll be showing my new Compass Rose "Octave Uke".... and there will be at least another CR Octave Uke I believe as well. We want to see all those cool ukes. I got a question of "Can I bring a friend". YES YES YES. You do NOT need to be a UU'er, as this is a jam for ukers, so if you have a friend that plays uke but is not on UU, that's just fine. The more folks, the more fun.

I'll be there.

Too chicken to lead a song but I'll bring my CR as well :)

There's been interest in the uke jam over at the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion meetup web page, but people there who are not UUers don't know how to RSVP. I think I can get you an approximate SFUR headcount a few days ahead of time.

My husband (John J. Gee) and I (Susan Gee Rumsey) would very much like to attend your Ukejam by the Bay on March 29th. Does this message work for an RSVP?

There's been interest in the uke jam over at the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion meetup web page, but people there who are not UUers don't know how to RSVP. I think I can get you an approximate SFUR headcount a few days ahead of time.

That's fine, an approximate is good. Looking forward to seeing the group. And... I should have my new octave uke by then. Just got an email it is getting lacquered this weekend.

Had a great time there last year, and hope to be there (maybe with a friend this time) again on March 29th. Maybe I'll bring my Moore Bettah soprano this time!

Had a great time there last year, and hope to be there (maybe with a friend this time) again on March 29th. Maybe I'll bring my Moore Bettah soprano this time!

Jim, please bring your MB soprano! As a soprano guy, I've wanted to see an MB soprano for years!

Wow, that would be great... and bring a friend for sure. Looks like we'll have a good turn out for our second year. If you want to lead a song, send me a PM with the music or link. We're trying to get a song book together this year I can post and I'll have a link for downloading it before the jam. Don't forget your music stand ;-)

Look forward to seeing you there!

Top Bottom