Song Help Request Precious Dark (D#m --> G#m)

-UP-

Reaction score
I've been practising this song and I've started to get hang of the first part of it. Tabs

The chorus is way too hard, though. Any tips how to play the D#m to G#m transition? It's very fast and those are difficult chords, especially the G#m.

Maybe I could skip the G#m and play the D#m instead. The C# doesn't sound good at the end of the line, could i replace that with something else?

Last edited:
What if you leave off the top string? 434x and 332x would be G#m to D#m. You could transpose the whole song down a step so this change becomes Dm to Gm - not sure if that makes the rest of the chords harder or easier.

Thanks Jim!

Playing with just three strings would make it possible. Transposing the song would mess up the other parts.

But I'm still not happy with these chords. G#m and C# just doesn't sound right when I try to sing the chorus. I don't have enough musical ear top find alternative chords.. Or is it even possible in general to swap only some of the chords?

Or is it even possible in general to swap only some of the chords?

While I'm new on the Uke, I've been around music a while. This is absolutely possible and even encouraged. Sometimes, the tab sites are either not 100% accurate, or someone has put in their own substitutions, because they may have done something a little differently with the song. I substitute chords all the time, even on the uke. It can go the other way too. I sometimes like a particular chord progression and the melody doesn't work with it, so I'll alter the melody a bit to fit the chords.

Best of luck with it.

I'm with Jim. If you just have to play the song in the original key and don't want to transpose it to an easier key. Just leave off a string on chords that are to hard for you. You will eventually be able to play them. Strum down for chords using the bottom 3 C, E, A and strum up for the 3 strings at the top G, C, A or mute the bottom string with the palm of your hand that's holding the chord and still do a down strum.

Hope this helps.

I like this site for finding chords. http://www.ukulele.nl/chordfinder.php

Top Bottom