Chords Up The Neck Workshop Posted On Youtube

Awesome

Thanks very much!:bowdown::cheers::worship:

Great stuff. Really puts it,all together visually...

Thanks!

You made something I thought I would never get without a lot of memorization very understandable and easy to learn. Your videos and tabs have been a big help for me in learning the uke.

Thanks
Lane

Thanks Aaron.

That is extremely useful to me as a new uke player.

Thank you for posting.

Paul

this is perfect. Nicely done Aaron

This is a great tutorial Aaron,
VERY well explained, ‘it just makes sense’!
thank you very much for taking the time to teach this.

It will become part of my practice routine!

Kev

Aaron, thanks for your illustrations - they help clarify moveable chords better.

What is your opinion about the following example?
When forming the E7 chord I normally form it; index finger (G string/first fret), middle (C string/second fret), E string open, ring (A string/second fret). But if I want to move this form up the neck it requires the index finger on the E string/first fret for D#m. Would I be ahead of the game if I just learned to make E7 with my middle finger (G string/first fret), ring (C string/second fret), E string open, pinkie (A string/second fret) so that when I wanted to play F7 it would just be a matter of dropping my index finger on the E string.

There are other chord forms that are similar because of the nut. It just seems easier to leave the index finger ready to barre or drop onto a string as you move up the neck.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
very good lesson. So simple most people (like me) wouldn't have thought about it. Makes you look at the fretboard in a different way. Thank U.

For some reason the tiny url is not working for me to find the paperwork attached to the utube video.

Could you post here or pm me the long link so I can see the diagrams.

Great stuff by the way and thats why I would like to see the diagrams to remember what you taught.

Mahalo Nui.

Very helpful and clearly explained - thank you!

Aaron,
Changing the subject slightly, is there a "formula" in music theory. to figure walk downs and step ups for all keys.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks....
Dave

Top Bottom