My friend painted my ukulele!

needmorecowbell

Reaction score
A few months ago, I asked an artistic friend of mine if she would partake in a magical journey of ukulele painting. She accepted, so I gave her my trusty old mahogany uke that needed some life. Today, she showed me the finished project... When I saw the pictures, I ended up looking like one of the guests on pimp my ride. The ukulele was truly stunning, unlike anything I've seen before. I figured you would be the people to share it with, so here it is, some before and afters!
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgimage (1).jpgimage.jpg

Also, on a less ukulele-related note, here is a time lapse video of my old acoustic guitar that I felt needed some life too. My work doesn't compare to hers whatsoever, but I'm proud of what I did. (If i'm not allowed to post the guitar part, I apologize, tell me and I'll gladly take it down)The details of what you're looking at is in the video's description:

Last edited:
Beautiful.

hows it sound?

Nice work.

has it changed the way the instrument sounds at all?

Paul

Thanks!! I will let you know! I don't have strings on either right now, they're in the mail.

Although I am not into painted ukes, that is some cool artwork congrats very nice.
Steve.

Haha thanks. I don't normally like painted instruments either, but I do enjoy minimalistic painting on them. I think with these sorts of things, a little can say a lot.

Top Bottom