Post your best or favorite Beatles ukulele cover!

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
On February 7, 1964, the Beatles arrived in America and 2 days later played on the Ed Sullivan Show in front of 73 million TV viewers, and the rest is pop music history. On April 4, 1964, they held the top 5 positions on the Billboard Hot 100 chart! In celebration of the 50th anniversary of their arrival in the U.S., how about posting your best Beatles ukulele cover or your favorite Beatles ukulele cover done by someone else?

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles and have done around 30 of their songs, so it's hard to choose a favorite, but I was proud of this one, and since I'm wearing my Ukulele Underground t-shirt, I guess this is a fitting one to choose... "Fool on the Hill":

Great stuff, Brain! Was that really take 94? I often do multiple takes, but I consider the failed takes as "practice." :)

Great stuff! I like Aldrine's "Imagine."

That was a great mega-collab, Ronin!

Terrific, Brian! Wow, that pocket uke sounds great!

Nice arrangement and playing, Joe!

My Honey Pie was in France when I posted this. Great idea for a thread! Thanks!

Terrific rendition, Ray! Loved it! :)

John, first of all I want to say that I've always admired your Beatles covers! I have 15 Beatles covers on my YT channel. Hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to it would be this one, as it's one of my favorite Paul songs.

I was happy with the way the audio turned out. I went overboard on the overdubs. :) Had problems syncing the video however. Hope you enjoy!

I have only ever recorded two Beatles songs on ukulele. One of them got the most thumbs down I have ever received and the other was this one.

This was recorded late in the afternoon at last year's NAMM. And please keep in mind that we were both asleep.

September in the Rain

This is not really a Beatles cover, but it is a song they covered during their now-famous Decca audition of January 1, 1962. Decca rejected them, saying that "guitar groups are on the way out".

Thanks, Eric! I actually tried to cover "Getting Better" some years ago and was unhappy with the end result, so I'm impressed with the great job you did with it. Very nice vocals! Ken, wonderful playing with Gerald. Anyone who could put a "dislike" on any of your videos is plain and simple jealous. Your body of work is awesome. so don't let the few turkeys out there get you down. Sinus, great production and I like the way you arranged the ending. Doug, any song connected to the Beatles is fine for this thread. Bet those guys at Decca were kicking themselves for years... probably like those publishers who turned down J.K. Rowling and "Harry Potter."

For the 15th Season of the Ukulele, host mattydee challenged participants to cover the entire album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band. This one turned out well for me---I did go overboard a little with the last chord, though.

We had a lot of fun that Season. Check out the playlist here.

Awesome, Ralf! Very imaginative rendition. I like how you handled the orchestral "climaxes" and that final long sustained chord.

Top Bottom