Uke Scales - Three Notes Per String Method

That WWHWWWH thing was the best thing ever for my finicky mind. So if someone took the various scales and said.
Major Scale: WWHWWWH
Minor Scale: blah blah blah
Pentatonic: blah blah blah

Then I could memorize them all pretty quickly on the single string and then move that to the box scales.

Okie dokie. These W-H patterns are actually written under each of the diagrams posted on the first page of the thread.

Major Scale: WWHWWWH
Minor Scale: WHWWHWW
Major Pentatonic Scale: W W W+H W W+H
Minor Pentatonic Scale: W+H W W W+H W

(That W+H means a whole and a half, or 3 half steps. Pentatonic means it's a five note scale)

Now I just need to find the time (and patience!) to learn this well - thanks so much for posting them! :)

Same here... :)

Well done. Nice and simplified without compromising any information. I love me some major scales. Amazingly easy to come up with good melodies while just dinking around with them.

Main reason I want to learn them!

I just went outside and jammed out for almost half an hour just playing around with this 3 string method. Thank you very much for creating this, I think I'll find it easier to solo in the key of C now :D.

Thanks for posting this man!

Is there anywhere I can get these as a pdf? I try to copy & paste the pics but they get fuzzy when i make them larger.

Well...I've added the scales to a PDF file. Is there anyway I can upload the file to Ukulele Underground so I link it for everyone to use? I don't have any web storage at the moment.

Same here, works just fine. BTW, I've not had any problems with free storage.

Top Bottom