New Kamaka uke made from Koaloha-Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second of the two Craigslist entries referenced above is still active (as of now) - the first has been deleted.

Note that the eBay auction is now ended with no sale:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Hopefully that resolves as least the eBay worry now for Brittni. He had a guitar up on eBay (of hers) as well. :(

That had no bids when I looked last and also appeares to be ended, thankfully.

Just got a note from him telling me to "**** off already." The listing is closed because the item is no longer available.

He told you to **** off???????
I don't know why my brother feels it's necessary to act this way. This is really embarrassing. I'm so sorry for his immaturity.

Last edited:
He told you to **** off???????
I don't know why my brother feels it's necessary to act this way. This is really embarrassing. I'm so sorry for his immaturity.

Brittni, the actions all reflect on the person doing them. There is really nothing you can do about the behavior of another person (sibling or not).

Brittni, I am so sorry for your pain, and for your brother's pain too; nobody undertakes that kind of behavior who is not hurting. Of course what he's done is absolutely no reflection on you. I wish you strength through this difficult time, and that your family can find healing and peace.

To the forum member "detectives": you have protected all of us on many fronts lately. I'm really touched by the kindness and honesty that abounds on UU, and the ways in which members look out for one another. It gives me hope for the world!

Oh brother, he forgot to say case.....Case closed
"Kamaka Case" Koaloha Ukulele.....

P.S. forgive the puns :)

Last edited:
I suggest flagging the still active Craigslist link until it goes down as well.

All the best to you Brittni. The good guys -- or girls -- always do win in the end.

Thank you so very much, everyone. I can't find the words to express how grateful I am for all of you.

I have some intervention and am in the process of getting my instruments returned to me from my brother.

Again, I apologize that all of you had to see this unfolding. :/

Ugh, I am sorry to see that this continued on Craigslist. :( But happy to know you're getting your stuff back!

I've had problems with a sibling myself; distance alone has helped. There is no trust there--I thought stealing/going through my possessions was something that was finished in middle school, until an incident while housesitting for us a few years ago. I can't trust anything this person says, because there have been too many lies. There is nothing I can do except ignore the lies, keep this person at arm's length, don't divulge much about my life, and try to be nice. My sibling in question is the youngest, has always been jealous of the older ones, and is always trying to one-up everyone in the family, as if we've all been in some competition to do things first. It's really ridiculous.

It's hard when I'm so close to my older sibling, and I wish my relationships could be the same with both, but it can't unless there are changes made in behavior. And it's certainly not just behavior toward me, but toward everyone. As someone else said, a person has to be really miserable to act this way--I know that's the case with my sibling.

Anyway, just some thoughts that this thread has brought up. Brittni, I hope there can be some reconciliation with you and your brother, apart from returning your instruments.

Last edited:
Brittni, there's no need to apologize.

We are all just glad that you are getting your instruments back, and that we could be there for you through a difficult time.

Wish you all the best to you and your family.

Hi Brittni,

I am so sorry you are going through a rough time.

At the risk of speaking for the crowd, please remember that so many of us here on UU LOVE your music, and because of it, feel a true endearment and affection towards you, and even protective, as you have seen.

Please know that you have support here at all times. I have seen in many message threads that folks here (myself included) consider your music absolutely essential to the understanding and appreciation of the modern ukulele.

When I first discovered the ukulele about 1 year ago, I was incredibly inspired by your YouTube videos, and you have been a continued source of inspiration for me to this day.

While I do not have a solution to this eBay/Craigslist situation, in order to show my support, what I can do, is that I have just now gone on to iTunes and purchased your 'Tell 'U What' album, which I did not have yet. Maybe others will follow in kind after reading this.

I wish you peace and happiness,

Booli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom