Seasonistas Sing C&W (we have BOTH kinds of music!)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

country

AND western

(seriously, joking about that just doesn't get old, does it?!)

country and western is my dad's fave kind of music

which means i would love it even if i didn't actually love it

but i do love it

so that's great!

and this is great! (this thread)

Last edited:
Oh yeah! I love country AND western. I'll be stopping by this thread often I'm sure.
Anybody remember Billboard week? I did a contemporary country song by Zac Brown that week (#87 on the country charts).

You Won't Ever Be Lonely - Andy Griggs

Okay, I'll bite. Here's my country song, an inadvertent "find" for Season 94 - Opposites Week. I searched YouTube for a double opposite song for the Beatles' "I Will", and discovered this gem. Of course, I couldn't leave a simple 4-chord country song alone, so I added 5 more.

(FiL loves this song, and totally wants to play it with me ... and neither one of us can play it properly, because of those blasted transition chords I added ... especially the Em9. If anyone can suggest an elegant way to quickly transition from Em to Em9, we are all ears.)

Oh, wait ... I also did "Cold, Cold Heart" ... I guess I have two country songs!

Wendy

Last edited:
Where are all the other country music ukers? Sorry to be posting so much but I love this kind of music.
OK. One last song and I'll stop. I had to post this one. I'm in my pajamas. :eek:

Cold, Cold Heart

Well, alrighty then - before Myrna totally owns this thread, here's my other country song: Okay, that's all I got. All yours, Myrna. [Hmph. I'm thinking now I did this way too fast. It's about freeing your doubtful mind, so maybe I'll redo it for Freedom Week.]

Last edited:
And another Johnny Cash song recorded just for this thread. I am getting some annoying high pitched background noise in this recording (probably due to my own limited recording experience). But I barely have time to record these days let alone trouble shoot problems like that. My apologies.

Boy howdy. Nice showing y'all!
This was a Ginny suggestion so hugs to her.
Here's me from a year ago just to show solidarity with you fine folks.
We'll have to look for stuff to record special like real soon....

A song I did for Season 91...

This thread rocks, 'cause it's what I do! :) Stay tuned for a re-recorded $1000 Wedding.

Here's a cowboy classic, Don't Fence Me In. I'm playing my Earnest Instruments Ceegar Box concert neck ukulele. Great little box!

Attachments

• Ceegar Box Back..jpg
    Ceegar Box Back..jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3
I'm a bit embarrassed to effectively kill this thread here on just its second page by posting the perfect country AND western song, posted by me back in Season 56.

Top Bottom