Thread: Saxo Flute

Default Saxo Flute

Was searching bamboo flutes when I ran across this and had to share. I think they are awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-zZfj2WRI

I had one (bamboo sax), but never got the hang of it. After having it stored away for several years, I sold it a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by bildio; 02-17-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    Bill

Pono Concert - Mahogany Deluxe - K&K Twin Spot Pickup
    Makala Dolphin Soprano - Orange
    Apogee Jam, HoneyTone Amplifier
    Uke Leash

I've got a xaphoon I keep meaning to practice playing. Actually now that daughter has been taking piano lessons since last summer I may have an excuse to play again. I was finding the pitch hard to control when playing in a vacuum by myself.
    In order of play time: Martin OXK, Lanikai LU21B, Islander MT4, Rubin Sopranino

I have since been advised that it is hard to maintain pitch on these bamboo saxes. Now wondering if I should just get a bamboo flute. I don't play sax.

Honestly you might want to look into another instrument that's inexpensive, effective and extremely portable: ocarinas. A nice single chamber performance grade (ceramic) for under 100usd, a high end performance grade multichamber (ceramic) for under 300. You can also get a very nice portable US made polycarbonate "mountain ocarina" for 30usd or so shipped (I would suggest the wearable 'G' version).
    In order of play time: Martin OXK, Lanikai LU21B, Islander MT4, Rubin Sopranino

I just snagged a sweet mahogany Quena flute in G. It has a gloss finish and is gorgeous. Now I just have to learn to play it. Plan on using for Latin and Irish music, maybe a little jazz.

Thread Information