Alternatives for fender ukulele

TheWannabe90

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a tenor ukulele and I must admit that I just might go for a fender ukulele, the Pa'ina (solid mahogany with pickup). Now I know that most of you are not too fond of those fender ukes, I want to know if there are better alternatives in the same price range, let's say up to 600$ max.
Can you help me out?
thanks

There is a big difference between solid wood and solid body.

Solid Body = a bug hunk of lumber in your hands. like an electric guitar

Solid wood means they don't use plywood the make the thin planks of wood the acoustic body is made of.

I think you want an electric acoustic, one you can play with or without an amplifier.

:)

JT

$600? thats your budget? dude go to musicguymic on ebay. you got A LOT of choices in that price range.

as far as "better alternatives"... i dont know if youre going to get many opinions on that, since the fenders havent been out very long at all. i dont think anyone here has even played one yet.

but you can rest assured that your budget will get you a very decent quality ukulele that would be just fine for private or public performances.

Can you tell me which ukes are great?
thanks

just look through his inventory on ebay. then when you find a few ukes that interest you, get in contact with him and get his opinion on them. he's a great guy and he wont steer you in the wrong direction.

Ionno who said they didnt like the fender ukes but i played one today and it sounded decent to me and the playability was very easy. Ionno about the mahogany but the Koa Nohea Tenor model was like a cool breeze in my hands. 200 was the price for it and i mean thats decent for a tenor and im sure koa laminate but the mother of pearl inlay is nice and the quality is quite good. I'm not too sure about the headstock tho i hate that design. BUT they released this very recently, only jan 19 so there is time for improvements jus like any other ukulele maker the later models will be improved

0955640021_md.png

Ionno who said they didnt like the fender ukes but i played one today and it sounded decent to me and the playability was very easy. Ionno about the mahogany but the Koa Nohea Tenor model was like a cool breeze in my hands. 200 was the price for it and i mean thats decent for a tenor and im sure koa laminate but the mother of pearl inlay is nice and the quality is quite good. I'm not too sure about the headstock tho i hate that design. BUT they released this very recently, only jan 19 so there is time for improvements jus like any other ukulele maker the later models will be improved

0955640021_md.png

Yeah, that headstock is weird.... I honestly can't decide whether I like it or not.

Can you tell me which ukes are great?
thanks
Get in contact with Mike via email/PM/land line, tell him you're looking for a tenor with a pickup and your budget. He can recommend or advise you as to what will suit your needs.

Top Bottom