Islander Maccaferri baritone

Ukeval, sweet. Your playing, as always.

So that is low G (GCEA)? I like it. Not as loud and sustained as some wood baritones, makes it more of a concert/tenor sound than most baritones (perhaps bc of the tuning, but I think it does have less sustain--which is not always a bad thing; some baritones sustain like guitars!)

Thank you.

Ukeval, sweet. Your playing, as always.

So that is low G (GCEA)? I like it. Not as loud and sustained as some wood baritones, makes it more of a concert/tenor sound than most baritones (perhaps bc of the tuning, but I think it does have less sustain--which is not always a bad thing; some baritones sustain like guitars!)

Thank you.

the one I had[and sold] had an 18 inch scale, so really closer to a tenor 17 " scale than a 20" baritone scale. they definitely score high on the cool factor and have a nice tone.
excellent picking

the one I had[and sold] had an 18 inch scale, so really closer to a tenor 17 " scale than a 20" baritone scale. they definitely score high on the cool factor and have a nice tone.
excellent picking

Oh, I see, I see. So sounds like one can use any tenor strings (with enough length for that additional inch). Thanks, SS.

Top Bottom