Looking for Plastic ukulele BugsGear Aqulele reviewers.

I won;t have a chance to do a review until I get back home later in the week, but..!

I brought the Bugs Gear to the Ukulele Jam By The Bay yesterday - many people played it, and they were pretty well amazed by the sound!

The intonation is a little off past the 7th fret, but I rarely play past the 7th, so not an issue. The tuners are tight, I like the slots to tie the strings, and the instrument is comfortable to hold.

The frets being the same color as the fretboard is an issue only if you look at the fretboard while you play, but the markers are nicely prominent. Adding them to the side of the fretboard would be a Good Thing.

Whoever glued the top to the back didn't do a very good job- lots of missed spots, some places that have what a painter would call "a holiday", some overglue issues, and a few places that Ukulele Jay described as "I remember when I was a kid and built plastic models - that looks like where I snapped the part off of the plastic skeleton..."

But the sound?Oh, yeah.

Warm, whether finger picking or strumming, held the pitch well, and was fun to play.

I will compare it to my Outdoor Uke- and compare it Favorably to that instrument.

Next week, when I do the review.

-Kurt​

I just posted my review on my ukulele review site (see link in my signature).
Fun uke! Just need to tweak the action height.

I just posted my review on my ukulele review site (see link in my signature).
Fun uke! Just need to tweak the action height.

Thanks, Julie - that was a very nice review.

Thanks for your review Julie.
For the bridge, I designed it for 2 purposes as below.
1.Easy string replacement
2.Never bridge lift or pop-up
As you can see, string is hung not only in bridge but with top board together.
I saw many wooden ukulele's bridge couldn't last long because of string tension
but, my bridge system can endure any string tension because string hang on top board.

I asked Philip what they were made of and he told me ABS.

Philip I think your bridge design is very nice. I have no complaints at all about the design. I just wish the action were lower past the 5th fret. I think that would make this uke, which I already like a lot, so much better.

I like your review and am thinking about get more reviewers if they interested.
I will definitely, invite you again with my new various color line up.

Philip I think your bridge design is very nice. I have no complaints at all about the design. I just wish the action were lower past the 5th fret. I think that would make this uke, which I already like a lot, so much better.

Swampy. You can buy one from eleuke.com for $90 (you get a zippered case, strap and a tuner with it).

Philip, when will the new colors be available?

Just got my reviews done. You can check out a brief video review here and a more detailed review on my blog here.

You'll have to forgive me on the video review...I said poly carbonate but later found out that it's ABS. I made a little annotation on the video to correct that blunder.

Really like this uke! Thanks for the opportunity to take a look at it!

We are going to make Concert and Tenor sized Aqulele prototype as attached draft.
Cross your finger to see the best shape and sound.
Concert.jpgTenor.jpg

This is most updated ukulele's color variation. There's one Purple with Orange fingerboard missing I will upload it very soon.

Aqulele_color1.jpg

Top Bottom